Re: my zen micro will not work on windows 11 media player
OK to everyone who messed up the firmware of Zen Micro and run vista, u r all idiots, including me. my zen was stuck in recovery mode and recovery menu as everyone experienced and tried to upgrade the firmware via the firmware updater that didnt work, right? ok through research and time i came to realize that what was causing the updater to fail (...please connect your media player...) is windows media player 11 (ELEVEN !!) zen update firmware will work only with windows media player 10 (TEN !!) installed. y? i dont know and i dont care anymore now that my micro is fixed up and running with the latest released firmware. method 1: u can find smne with xp and wmp10 (rare) install drivers and run the updater or method 2: u can DIY and since it is impossible to uninstall wmp11 i did the unthinkable, no no not format and install xp to use wmp10 no no.
instead i used a program called VIRTUAL MACHINE WORKSTATION 6.5 (for links keep confidential suppling ur email to me) this program will allow u to install and run several operating systems at a time regardless of your current hardware, it will run as an application in vista O/S. so i installed xp pro (on vmware 6.5) that i had handy somewhere, and then the drivers from the creative disc. then i run the firmware updater and yes it recognises my zen for the first time and loads a brand new firmware. easy as that, zen reboots and main menu appears, what a joy.
so all i used was: vmware 6.5 xp pro (wmp10) creative disc firmware updater by creative
installing operating systems on vmware is very easy and doesnt require restarts etc.. u can switch through vista and xp like a window application just like that.
hope this helps, zen micro is by far the ultimate mp3 player for its sound breathtaking performance and loudness, totally worth the trouble. this is 100% fixable
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: my zen micro will not work on windows 11 media player
Try the recovery tool from here (this is relevant to your recovery mode question also), but not all mp3 players will work with Windows Media Player 11 - causes a DB corruption - roll back to Windows Media Player 10 if this is the case:
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This will work if you have windows xp (service pack 2) and windows media player 11 you will not need the drivers or installation CD just charge and play. Both freeXP Service Pack 2 Microsoft HereMedia Player 11 Here Even though if you want the software for your player, Click Here for Official Creative Support. Note: The first solution works perfect, give that a try, it will be easy for you. If I was helpful, kindly do Rate!
I just got a ZEN Micro 4GB player for free due to Firmware problem. This totally fixed the firmware issue. Windows XP PC with Media Player 10 and the latest driver and firmware from creative. Once I had all that I plugged in my player, let it recognize and then re-flashed to latest firmware. BAM now the play is working perfectly and I can sync music to it. Thanks for the fix.
1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. you might want to verify that your new player has the latest firmware available, as this might address the unresponsive-button issue you're having. Firmware updates are surprisingly easy - you just download the firmware file from Creative's website, plug in your player, and double-click the downloaded file. It's that easy.
http://188.8.131.52/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/,/?St=70,E=0000000000295074190,K=561,Sxi=1,Kb=ww_english_add,VARSET=ws:http://us.creative.com/,Case=obj(7931),Kb=ww_english_add To use an MP3 player with online music subscription services, the following is needed:
A specific application from the online music service provider
Windows Media Player 11.
Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Vista. To check the Service Pack version,
click on Start, Control Panel and then System.
An MP3 player with MTP/PlaysForSure firmware installed.
Currently, the following players support PlaysForSure either out of
box or with an available firmware upgrade: ZEN Vision W, ZEN V Plus,
ZEN V, ZEN Vision:M, ZEN Vision, ZEN Sleek Photo, ZEN Micro, ZEN MicroPhoto,
ZEN Sleek, ZEN Touch, ZEN Xtra, and ZEN PMC.
Clean up the drive in recovery mode a couple of times..Till it starts working..Thats the only way to solve this problem and it worked for many of my frnds..you might have to do it 3-4 times..and dont attempt a firmware upgrade after it starts working...coz this problem is really a pain..
-->Select appropriate information
Under the Drivers section, download 2.01.00
Under the applications section, download
9. Creative MediaSource Player/Organizer 3.30.21
Or I could just email you the drivers. I have a Zen Micro myself and have the CD also.
Or, you can just bypass the need for software if you are willing to use Windows Media Player 10 or 11 to transfer songs to your Zen. You can do this by upgrading the firmware to version 2.21.02. Same location as I mentioned above.