I have an Akai PT5492S television that I don't know the v-chip password to and need to reset the v-chip password.
This TV is fitted with a V-CHIP controller which provides you with channel viewing access controls
and restrictions. This function is to prevent your children from watching violence or sexual scenes
that you may choose to exclude.
Press the MENU button and press the SET + or – button to select the V-CHIP SET option,
then press the ENTER button.
Enter your password (4 digits) using the Direct channel selection buttons (0-9).
In the event of entering incorrect password press the RESET button. Then press the
Enter the same password for confirmation, then press the ENTER button.
Press the SET + or – button to select the V-CHIP option.
Press the ENTER button to select the ON.
Press the SET + or – button to select the TV RATING or MOVIE RATING option. Press
the ENTER button.
Press the SET + or – button to select the desired rating for the applicable video or TV
channel. Press the ENTER button.
And to change or put in a new password:
• If you want to change password, follow steps 1 and 2 and select "CHANGE PASSWORD"
option then enter your new password.
• The V-Chip function is activated only on programs and tapes that have the rating signal.
• Once you block a program using the V-Chip function, the blocked program cannot be watched
based on the content of the show. When the program starts, the "INPUT PASSWORD" will
appear on the screen. When you want to release the V-Chip temporarily, enter the password.
If you change the channel or turn off the TV while the V-Chip function was temporarily released,
the original setting will be resumed. If you return to the channel you were watching you must
re-enter your password to temporarily release your V-Chip function again.
• When you watch the TV from the cable box or the VCR with the RF Modulator, then you release
the V-Chip temporarily, the V-Chip setting will not be resumed until you turn off the TV. The
TV channel is not used in this case.
• When changing the channel with the cable box or the VCR, approximately 10 seconds will
pass until the program appears.
Feb 13, 2010 |
Akai PT5492S 54" Rear Projection...