Question about Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I need a audio valve for a old 50s Murphy radio type 262 can you help?

Posted by on


2 Answers

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 19,396 Answers
  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.


    An expert who has answered 200 questions.

  • Expert
  • 248 Answers



visit the sites it could help you with what you need.
this sites sell parts for old radios.


Posted on Jul 06, 2008


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Murphy lcd tv

Codes to check with Murphy TVs are 1012 1231 1026 1215 1021 1007. You have to find out which brand remote control have setup codes for Murphy TVs. If you wish to get more details about this, check the sites linked here.
Pull up previous posts or type in the brand name and model number to of your set, to its search box, and press 'Enter'.
Check out which brand remote control have the codes, buy that one according to availability.

Aug 21, 2013 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

P0300 on 07 G6

At this mileage i think the head gasket needs renewing ,Check compressions as it could be valve issue which is not a common day issue like the older cars from the 50s ,yes iam a dinasaur i admit it . but these modern cars head gaskets are not as good as the old copper ones from the prehistoric age .

May 01, 2017 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do you tune mogulation

To do it correctly you will need a Scope so that you can see when the Audio equals the RF Transmit power if it is Less it is not efficient. If it is more it is Over Modulating and splattering and not giving you intelligible transmitted signals. The best way is to get an old copy of the Radio Amateurs Handbook from the late 50s to the early 60s they have a circuit you can build to watch Modulation on an FR Carrier that will do exactly what you want.

May 19, 2010 | Galaxy Radios DX-66V Base CB Radio

1 Answer

How do change the frequency on an old cb

If it has a PLL 02A chip they are not to hard to
trick is it hss any thing eleas it will be verry hard.
May be this will help

Sep 06, 2009 | Midland 4001 40-Channels Base CB Radio

1 Answer

Power cord for a TS-50S and also a tuner control cable

Hi crowdisr,
your best bet is trade me, and have you tried the agents?
regards John

Apr 26, 2009 | Radio Communications

2 Answers

Old 50s dolls pram hood repair

Hi Libby,I have a dolls silver cross pram that needed corners i got mine from ebay i'm sure they still have them hope this helps you.Kath

Feb 08, 2009 | Silver Cross Carlton Carriage Stroller

1 Answer

Manual needed

Hey Con Murphy.
Try this site, it was very useful in the past, it is the user manual for that 2 way,
Let me know how it goes,\Thanks,
Please rate me

Jan 06, 2009 | Radio Communications

2 Answers

Need a audio valve for a Murphy type 262 . do not have original?

Hi, you can get a circuit from here, and the tube you need is a 6P1. They are rare, and a little hard to find try eBay. Chinese copies, but will do the job. Found this interesting info regarding an upgrade until you can find an original

The 6P1 is a slight oddball. They do crop up for not too much money andif you have room for a larger envelope a 6P25 is a good alternative.These are both high slope valves and an American substitute such as a6V6GT will not work well here.

If you are forced to make an adapter, I would suggest using a 6CH6 (B9Abase) and adjusting the bias. It will need less bias than the 6P1 soyou can just shunt the existing resistor - taking out the errors at thesame time. This also makes it easier to refit a 6P1 when you find one.

There is more info on changing out to an similer alternative for more obtainable NOS tube.


Jul 06, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Polk Audio Monitot 50s

Cost about $360 new. Will have to check with Polk regarding the drivers. Close call.

Apr 14, 2007 | Polk Audio Monitor 50 Main / Stereo...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

67 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

102366 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5326 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75032 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides