Question about Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

Need a audio valve for a Murphy type 262 . do not have original?

Posted by on

  • horacejnr Jul 07, 2008

    I have sent for the valve you recommended (6P1) via Ebay if it works its a great service? I will let you know.

    Thanks robotek

    Gerry Egan


2 Answers

The problem turned out to be the EABC 80 Triod Amp Valve Thanks for the A262 circuit download. Im only able to print half?

Thanks Gerry

Posted on Aug 06, 2008

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Master
  • 1,512 Answers

Hi, you can get a circuit from here, and the tube you need is a 6P1. They are rare, and a little hard to find try eBay. Chinese copies, but will do the job. Found this interesting info regarding an upgrade until you can find an original

The 6P1 is a slight oddball. They do crop up for not too much money andif you have room for a larger envelope a 6P25 is a good alternative.These are both high slope valves and an American substitute such as a6V6GT will not work well here.

If you are forced to make an adapter, I would suggest using a 6CH6 (B9Abase) and adjusting the bias. It will need less bias than the 6P1 soyou can just shunt the existing resistor - taking out the errors at thesame time. This also makes it easier to refit a 6P1 when you find one.

There is more info on changing out to an similer alternative for more obtainable NOS tube.


Posted on Jul 06, 2008

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Where do I connect a turntable to the AVR132? Do I require a phono preamp - if so where does this connect into the receiver?

Most amps / receivers that lack an input specifically labeled "Phono" will require a preamp for the low output that originates from turntables with modern, MAGNETIC cartridges. If your cartridge is a *much* older (1960 ~1985) CERAMIC type, it will not likely need a preamp as the output is greater than a magnetic type.

You should select an unused stereo (left & right) INPUT device such as "VID2" Connect the output of the preamp to these jacks and the turntable should be connected to the preamp input as per manufacturer's instructions.

Oct 23, 2015 | Audio Players & Recorders

2 Answers

I need a audio valve for a old 50s Murphy radio type 262 can you help?


visit the sites it could help you with what you need.
this sites sell parts for old radios.


Jul 06, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Need remote control programming codes

I assume you have purchase a universal remote control...if the programming codes for your Sony STR-DE675 receiver is not listed in the remotes code guide, then you purchased the wrong type universal remote. Make sure you get a universal that does stereo equipment or check eBay for a reasonable price on the original.

Jan 07, 2014 | Sony STR-DE675 Receiver

1 Answer

Panasonic na v80gd

The fill valve is stuck, they are not expensive. Get original equipment, so it fits and hooks up easily.l

Nov 29, 2013 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Receiver had blown 4A 125VAC fuse; is this a fast acting fuse or a slow blow type? Will it matter if I use a 250VAC 4A instead of a 125VAC fuse?

Yes you can use a 250 one. It's the amps that's important. On the other if you can see the remains of a coil on the original fuse then it's a slow blow.
However the fuse might have blown due to a short in the power section or audio section, so make sure you have plenty of fuses!

Jan 09, 2010 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

No Sound from Subwoofer

The original Pioneer subwoofer has its own amplifier built in to the speaker, so the only cable required on the original speaker is a single RCA cable. To connect a different brand subwoofer to the Pioneer you will have to make sure that you have a subwoofer with the same specs. It will need its own built in amp to work, as you can only connect it with one RCA

Jul 31, 2009 | Pioneer VSX-818V-K Receiver

1 Answer

Finding an instaler for harman kardon I Pod in car system

Greetings al mc,

Geek Squad® mobile installers are more then equipped to install all types of audio and video equipment in your vehicle. The products you wish to have installed do not need to be originally purchased from a BestBuy™ store location.

As the Harman Kardon Drive + Play is available at almost every BestBuy™ store location, I am sure the mobile installers will be familiar with the install of the equipment.

Happy Driving
Go Ahead. Use Us.

May 22, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

I got my durabrand ht-395 from a friend, He does not have the remote , I have tried hooking it up to my 72 inch mitsubishi. But i cannot get any type of sound. I have programmed my remote to operate the...

Is it the original remote or a universal remote? I believe the only remote that will work is the original. If it is the original remote then check out this link, it is the installation manual and owners manual. If you hooked it up right then there is probably something wrong with it. I hope this helped.
-Andrew Hawkins

Mar 05, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

1 Answer

Hi, Question,how's anyone worked with fender

Hi .... hehehe ...probably more a Marshall man(its a tone thing)... but Fender still rocks, and I have fixed and modded heaps of them ;)
There are many different versions of the same designation valve about these days, some providing better gain than others. The suffix on the valve type designates the particular performance of the valve. BEWARE OF CHEAP CHINESE VALVES. They are mostly crap. Go for brands like Sovtek, Electro Harmonix, Svetlana for good quality valves at an affordable price.

What model Fender, and what valves have been fitted to it? Get back to me here and I will check to see they are up to it..

Feb 15, 2008 | Audio Players & Recorders

Not finding what you are looking for?
Audio Players & Recorders Logo

Related Topics:

54 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Audio Players & Recorders Experts


Level 3 Expert

98921 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4678 Answers

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

69955 Answers

Are you an Audio Player and Recorder Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides