Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Then try this, it works for me!!!
Canon will hate me for this.
1. Remove ink cartridges.
2. Remove print head.
3. Go to sink or tub (stainless steel, not plastic type), pick up a roll of paper towel on the way.
4. Fold several layers of paper towel and place on flat surface.
5. Run hot water until HOT!
6. Turn hot water back to a dribble.
7. Run the dribbling hot water through print head being careful not to wet the gold contacts.
8.When water running through print head is clear, place print head on paper towel.
9. Repeat number 7 and 8 until no colour shows on paper towel.
10. Gently DAB print head (DO NOT WIPE) inside and out with dry paper towel until dry.
11. I normally replace print head after drying, but you may wish to let it air-dry overnight.
12. Replace print head in printer and install cartridges
13. Start printing.
I do this to all 4 of my Canon printers every 6 months or so.
If any colour fails to print after this process it means your print head probably needs replacing.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2016 | Canon ImageRunner C3480 Color Copier
Sep 13, 2008 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 13, 2008 | Cannon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 28, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 22, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP3300 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 31, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 30, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP780 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 18, 2007 | Cannon Canon i960 Photo Printer
84 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!