An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: microwave blowing fuses when setting programme
Suspect high tension diode or bleed diode faulty. easy to replace but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BE CAREFUL. THERE ARE VERY HIGH VOLTAGES PRESENT IN A MICROWAVE. YOU MUST SHORT CIRCUIT THE CAPACITOR WITH A GOOD QUALITY SCREWDRIVER IE GOOD INSULATION. VOLTAGE CAN BE UP TO 1500 VOLTS AND IT CAN KILL.
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Normally, if it was running and the fuse blows, it is then an electrical/electronic fault. If you simply woke up to the fuse being blown, then very possible it is only the fuse from a cocoaroach or the like.having gone onto a live part of the circuit. Pull the plug out and remove outer cover. Locate the fuse on the board where the power wire comes in and replace for the same value (normally 12 amps).Switch on and try with water in the microwave. Please stand clear when testing as the power is huge in the system. If it blows again, really, get a technician that knows what to look for when trouble shooting. 50% of the time it is the capacitor and HVdiode. Other 50%of the time it is the magnatron. Careful testing can ensure the right part first time. Microwave is one of the most dangerous appliances next to a tv set that i have found.
The fuse is located inside the microwave. You will need to remove the front panel to get to it. It will be located on the black power wire inside the microwave and installed inline. Make sure that the microwwave is unplugged before removing the front panel. Once you locate the fuse inside you will need to remove it and test it with a continuity tester to see if it is blown. If it is make sure you replace the fuse with the same amp rating you found. If the new fuse blows again then there is an electrical short somewhere inside the microwave.
Hi When your microwave oven doesn't work at all, it means interior fuse inside the microwave
has blown (usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow). Sometimes
a badfuse holderinside the microwave cannot hold
the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well. If the fuse isn't the problem,
check the door hooks and the door-release button. When these are broken, the
door switch doesn't activate, so the oven can't work. It can also
be due to a stuck or faulty door switch which might have blown the
interior microwavefuse. Please do rate the
solution and revert for further assistance. Thanks Rylee
e 10 is the internal safety fuse has blown this often happens if door is altered for any reason moving the door can effect the setting of the monitor switches these are set to a high tolerance to avoid operation of microwave with door open changing the door has shifted these settings and blown the fuse, replacing the fuse may be enough to get it going but it should be checked for leakage.
Q - The microwave makes a loud "hum or buzz" noise but will not heat up the food? A - 9 times out of 10 this is usually this is a bad magnetron, the other time is sometimes a bad high voltage diode. See components section.
Q - My microwave is running and sounds like it is working but will not heat up anything. A - Many thing can do this but, common things are....loose high voltage wire.....poor solder joint on board.....magnetron.....power relay.....
Q - The microwave display counts down and the inside light is on, but nothing is heating and the fan is not running. A - This most commonly is abad door switch, other possible problems are a faulty relay or solder joint on the power module, but a bad door switch is most common. Q - My microwave went dead when I opened the door ( same problem as closed the door ). A - This often is a stuck or faulty door switch and it has blown the interior microwavefuse.
Q - My microwave is completely dead. A - House fuse has blown or interior fuse inside the microwave has blown ( usually a part inside the microwave makes this fuse blow ) Sometimes a bad fuse holder inside the microwave cannot hold the fuse tight enough and the fuse will blow as well.
Q - The fan in my microwave oven is not running will this hurt my microwave? A - YES, the fan cools the magnetron and electronics, take the microwave in for service, most fans are not too expensive to replace.
Q - My microwave blows the fuse inside itself as soon as I push the start button. A - Usually a shorted high voltage capacitor...see components section.
You say when you "power on" the fuse blows?
If that means when you hit the START button to cook, then you probably have a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If you mean it blows when you plug it in, you probably have a shorted door switch.
Your microwave may also have a wiring diagram pasted on the inside of the outer wrapper or in an envelope. That will help in your tests.