Have you lost your Windows XP administrator login password
, and you don’t know what to do? Here are thirteen simple steps that you can use to change or recover administrator login password of your Windows XP computer.
- Insert the Windows XP CD in your CD / DVD drive and restart your computer with him. To do this, after ensuring that established the system BIOS to boot from the CD as first choice. Check your system BIOS to see what is more.
- a “Press any key to boot from CD or DVD” message is displayed, press a key to boot from the Windows XP disk.
- Windows Setup will now inspect your system and load the required files.
- On the “Welcome to Setup” screen, press Enter to start Windows Setup.
- Scroll down the Licensing Agreement screen and then press F8 to accept it and proceed further.
- On the Setup screen that is displayed next, you may get an option to repair Windows. Select the Windows XP installation you want to repair and then press R to start the Windows repair process.
- During the repair process, Setup will first check the disks on your computer and then start copying the required files. This task will take a few minutes.
- After the files are copied, you will be asked to restart the PC. If you don’t, PC will restart automatically after 15 seconds.
- When the PC restarts, don’t choose to boot from CD. Setup will automatically resume and you will see a message box informing you that the Windows installation is on.
- During this process, you need to keep an eye on the left had panel of the screen that informs you about the setup status. When you see that the “Installing Devices” task is in progress, press the Shift + F10 key. This will open a Command Prompt window that you can use to perform several admin tasks on your computer. Surprised! Well, yes the world’s most popular operating system does have a few security loopholes.
- At the command prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and then press Enter. The User Accounts control panel window will display.
- In the User Accounts window, you can perform various user management tasks, such as, reset passwords, change password, create new user, and configure no password login. After making the required changes, close the dialog box, exit the Command Prompt window and then proceed with the repair process. You may need the Windows XP product key, so keep it handy.
- After the repair process is complete, you will be able to log on to your Windows XP computer using the new password you set during the repair process. In case, you choose not use a password, you will not be asked for one.
This process will not have any affect your existing programs and personalized user settings. However, if you find this method to change or reset administrator password in Windows XP complicated, you may opt to use a reliable third-party tool, such as Windows Password Recovery Tool
This is a real handy tool that enables users to perform several Windows recovery tasks, such as recover passwords, make and restore data backup, manage partitions and recover lost data.
aiosp_title=13 Steps to Change or Recover Administrator login Password in Windows XP
aiosp_keywords=windows xp password, xp password, xp administrator password,windows xp administrator password,xp login password,windows xp login password,recover xp password, change xp password, reset xp password, bypass xp password, crack xp password
aiosp_description=Have you lost your Windows XP administrator login password, and you don?t know what to do? Here are thirteen simple steps that you can use to change or recover administrator login password of your Windows XP computer.