Question about Epson Stylus Photo R300 InkJet Printer
My printer not paper load correctly my printer model epson r230
Hi, this may sound a controversial approach but it is working for me. The R230 just isn't very good at loading paper and as there is no manual feed slot this is very frustrating. I try to use the best paper I can get but even Kodak photo paper comes with a slight "curve" which seems to cause the problem. You can try to straighten the paper by pressing it with books but this often does not work. So the extremely painstaking but effective way to fix the problem is to Very Slightly dampen the leading REAR side of the paper. I usually lick my finger and then lightly apply that along the bottom rear edge. Then feed the paper one sheet at a time, as a result the paper feeds every time.
Not useful information if you are printing a 400 page manual perhaps, but high quality photo prints take a long time and you could always use a different source of moisture!
Hope this helps...
Posted on Mar 15, 2015
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck under the black guide plate, this may work it loose.
Posted on Jul 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2013 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 19, 2010 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Aug 06, 2010 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 10, 2009 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
May 17, 2009 | Epson STYLUS R230 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 26, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
Sep 22, 2008 | Epson Stylus Photo R200 InkJet Printer
761 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!