When trying to scan it makes a very loud tatatatata noise so in panic I stop in the middle of a scan and now the scanner is stuck. When I turn it on it makes a continuous noise as above and is stuck there in the middle. Scan does not scan at all it is stuck. What is the problem....where are local repair shops near Lake Milton, Ohio where I live. I purchased it in 1997. Waiting to hear from you - Lil
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This particular scanner is a nightmare to get working with XP
When it does work it is also prone to random errors.
On the UMAX australia site I found the information I needed to make it actually waok at all.
Below is part of a very old email that I went through with Umax maybe that will help you ?
It is quite an old scanner though.
Sorted out by steps as follows.
Disconnect scanner usb lead from computer / hub
1. remove ALL umax software as issued on the cd and any upgrades
2. shut down restart
3. run norton (not the one button but the win doctor) to clean up any loose ends (important but dont know why ? does not work unless this has been done ??)
4. shut down restart.
DO NOT connect scanner
5. Install software from original cd
6. do any umax software upgrades (ALSO IMPORTANT )
7. shut down
8. plug scanner back in.
9. power everything back up
10. do new hardware wizard thing
11 swap driver to correct one as per instructions on your site somwhere ?
all working I just did the norton one button on a second machine and it did not work so did all steps again but used norton win doctor as per step 3 and all good
it worked a treat on two machine so it appears repeatable.
at the moment it seems no im afraid they run for mac ops to windows up to xp only.http://umax.com/download/index.jsp you could email them and enquire will they be releasing a vista driver soon or intend to do so .