Question about Canon PIXMA MP600 all-In-One InkJet Printer
Canon will hate me for this.
1. Remove ink cartridges.
2. Remove print head.
3. Go to sink or tub (stainless steel, not plastic type), pick up a roll of paper towel on the way.
4. Fold several layers of paper towel and place on flat surface.
5. Run hot water until HOT!
6. Turn hot water back to a dribble.
7. Run the dribbling hot water through print head being careful not to wet the gold contacts.
8.When water running through print head is clear, place print head on paper towel.
9. Repeat number 7 and 8 until no colour shows on paper towel.
10. Gently DAB print head (DO NOT WIPE) inside and out with dry paper towel until dry.
11. I normally replace print head after drying, but you may wish to let it air-dry overnight.
12. Replace print head in printer and install cartridges
13. Start printing.
I do this to all 4 of my Canon printers every 6 months or so.
If any colour fails to print after this process it means your print head probably needs replacing.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 24, 2013 | HP Photosmart 6510 Wireless e-All-in-One...
Mar 09, 2011 | HP Deskjet 3745 Inkjet Color Printer
Sep 26, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Aug 28, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 26, 2009 | Kodak EASYSHARE 5100 All-In-One Printer
Jan 13, 2009 | Canon MultiPASS MP390 All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 17, 2008 | HP cp1700 Color Inkjet Printer
Dec 25, 2007 | Brother MFC 210C All-In-One InkJet Printer
110 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!