- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I also have the same Router, what would you be needing assistance with?
if you are asking how to get in the Edimax Settings you just need to enter 192.168.2.1 on your internet explorer address bar then press enter, thiswill promt you to enter a user name and password
User name - admin
Password - 1234
unless you changed the user name and password then it shall be different.
I really am sorry but I do not have a clue what to tell you since I already asked for clarification the day before but I have not recieved any information about you concern.
Have a nice day.
I believe that you are trying to get connected wireless using your Edimax Router, we may need to check some settings in your Edimax regarding the wan light not lit up and could be a possible reason why there is no internet connection.
1. First we will need to find an Ethernet cable for us to be able to connect your Laptop directly to your Edimax Router for us to be able to check and change any settings needed to enable your Edimax wireless connection. also make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected to the Ethernet ports behind the Router not the WAN port then the other end goes directly to your Router.
2. Once connected directly to your router from the Laptop open IE or any Browsers on your Laptop, in the Address bar type in 192.168.2.1 then press Enter this will prompt for a user name and password, User Name will be ' admin ' and the password should be 1234 unless you changed it.
3. Inside the Edimax setting page click on the Tab that says Wireless, check and see if the wireless is enabled if not then enable it or turn it on, after enabling / turning the Route ON save the settings by clicking on Apply or Save then it will prompt that the Router is restarting it will be 30 seconds to apply once the 30 seconds is up that should be done check your Edimax if the WAN light is already lit up, then you can try an connect Wireless from your Laptop.
Generally all routers have a little button on the back of them where the ethernet ports are that you have to push with a pen for 5seconds that will reset your router to it's factory default settings, this includes any user names and passwords used for an internet connection or any wireless security settings
this will also reset the username and password for logging into the router
Connect to your router. Then go to internet explorer/firefox, etc Type the address : 192.168.1.1 It will prompt for username and password,try "admin" for both or try "test" for both. Router settings window opens, go to wireless option. Enable Password Protect, select either wep/wpa and type the password. Password is set.