Question about Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Flatbed Scanner
My Epson scanner scans copy to the printer, but I don't know how to scan to the computer.
Here is what you do... There is a newer utility then the one that came with your scanner.
Please follow the steps below to do a clean installation of your scanner.
The first thing we need to do is remove any files that have been installed and start with a fresh installation.
1) RIGHT-CLICK on the MY COMPUTER icon and click on PROPERTIES.
2) Select the HARDWARE tab, then the DEVICE MANAGER button.
3) Remove the Epson Scanner from under IMAGING DEVICE and/or UNKNOWN and/or OTHER DEVICES by RIGHT-CLICKING on it and clicking UNINSTALL.
4) Disconnect the USB cable and close all open windows.
5) Click on START, and CONTROL PANELS.
6) Double-click on ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Highlight EPSON SCAN and click on CHANGE/REMOVE.
7) Restart your computer.
Please follow the steps below to download and install your scanner in XP:
1. Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2. Under the SCANNERS heading select PERFECTION SERIES and then your scanner model.
3. Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Windows.(Make sure it is the Epson Scan utility. Download the most current version of the Scanner Driver for your Windows operating system to your DESKTOP.
1) Double Click on the Epson1****.exe file that you downloaded to your DESKTOP.
2) Click OK, Unzip, and then OK again.
3) The installer will copy the files to the system. Click on FINISH when prompted.
4) Connect the USB cable. Windows will tell you new hardware is found and complete the install.
5) If a message appears indicating THE SCANNER HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING, click CONTINUE ANYWAY. Then click FINISH.
6) Your scanner is now ready to use.
Use the following steps to scan with the Epson Scan utility:
1. Open Epson Scan by going into START, PROGRAMS, and EPSON SCAN.
2. If prompted, select your scanner from the list of models and click OK.
3. In the FILE SAVE SETTINGS window, you can designate the location, name and type of file the scans will be saved as.
-LOCATION defaults to MY DOCUMENTS. Click BROWSE if you wish to change this.
-PREFIX determines how the scan will be named. Type any name you like. You can also designate a start number.
-FILE TYPE dictates what format the scans will be saved in. ie. .JPG, .TIFF, .PDF, or .PICT)
-For example: if the prefix is "img", the start number is "1", and the format is "JPG", the name of the file saved in
PICTURES will be "IMG001.JPG". More settings for file format are found under OPTIONS.
4. Click OK once settings are changed as desired.
5. The EPSON SCAN window will open and begin scanning in FULL AUTO MODE. In FULL AUTO MODE the software makes all the decisions for you (as to what is being scanned, where it is on the flatbed, etc). This is the easiest way to scan.
6. If you want full control over the scanning process click PAUSE and change FULL AUTO MODE to HOME MODE or PROFESSIONAL MODE. In the latter two modes you can change your scan settings as desired. Click SCAN after you have selected your settings. Click CLOSE once the EPSON SCAN is finished scanning.
7. When scanning is complete, your images will be saved in the location specified on FILE SAVE SETTINGS, with the prefix and in the format you set.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
Please check the original software disk that accompanied the scanner. You should have the option to install a twain or twain32 driver at the least, which would allow you to scan from within a graphics program (photoshop, or even paint).
Posted on Jul 11, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 05, 2013 | Epson WorkForce WF-7520 Wide Format...
Aug 02, 2010 | Scanners
Mar 30, 2009 | Acer Scan to Web 3300U Flatbed Scanner
Mar 15, 2009 | Epson Perfection 1670 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 09, 2009 | Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Flatbed...
Jan 26, 2009 | Epson Perfection 1670 Flatbed Scanner
Nov 24, 2008 | Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 19, 2008 | Scanners
1,122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: