If the dryer worked fine at the old house, I would suspect a wiring or grounding issue could be causing your symptoms.
Electronic controls often exhibit erratic behavior when not grounded properly.
Tip: To save you money, whenever an appliance is moved from 1 location to another, and an issue like this arises, do a thourough electrical and vent investigation before contacting a service provider.
A new dryer will sense a venting inadequacy and give an error code. Investigate your venting system thoroughly. Below are some helpful tips on investigating a vent inadequacy. Always consult your user’s manual before contacting a service provider.
Below are some tips that will aid you in investigating your vent issue.
If my assistance helped resolve this issue, please show your appreciation by rating how effective my advice was in resolving this issue.
- Do not rely on visual evidence; clean the vent from one end to the other. If possible, remove the entire vent tube and take outside to run water through it. Brushes of different lengths are available from parts suppliers if you cannot remove your venting.
- Do not rely on apparent airflow velocities. All dryers use different airflow velocities and minor obstructions are not readily observed optimally without utilizing an anemometer, (air pressure/speed gauge).
- Disconnect the dryer from the vent and run a load to eliminate, or suspect, the vent as the cause. If the dryer performs normally then the vent is the cause.
- Water can condense in a flexible vent tube and cause sagging. This needs to be eliminated by replacing the vent with rigid ducting if possible, or by bracing the tube. There are numerous venting accessories and options available to optimize the venting of a dryer.
- Dryer manufacturers use varying combinations of blower speeds, tumble revolutions, heat temperatures, and sensors to achieve a favorable result.
- Always remember that the shortest and straightest vent is the best vent.
- The lint filter could be coated with an invisible coating from using fabric sheets in the dryer. Hold the filter horizontally under running water and if the water beads up and does not filter through, replace the filter, and stop using fabric sheets. This same invisible film can also build up on sensor bars and cause drying issues.
- Animals, snow, shrubs, etc. have been noted to occasionally restrict the air from exhausting to the outside, by blocking the exterior vent cap. Be sure and check this frequently, especially on cold days, as animals love to be near a heat source.
Dave E. (Illeagle)
"Your satisfaction is my personal reward"