- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
..if not mistaken, the error message is Unable to clean, which indicate you will need to replace the waste ink pad and reset the waste ink counter.. you will need to send to the local service centre to get it done..
I saw on this site codes for another MFC to clear memory and reset the cleaning unit count code to zero. It worked on two of my brother mfc 820cw units. The third mfc 5840cn had unable to print error message 46- nothing at Brother. they want you to take everything to a repair shop.they don't help at all. Then the error went to 4F when I tried toclear the memory.As Iunderstand that message- it means I have to replace the printer head. Have no clue where or what it is. But I can read a manual as well as anyone and follow directions to fix it! Can't be worse than it is now! Good luck
Pls refer below to clear the "Unable to Clean" error:
1. Enter MAINTENANCE MODE: Press MENU, MONO START 4x on ARROW UP within 2-3 sec
2. Using the ARROW UP botton, press botton and wait for the ff #:
a. 8 then press SET
b. 0 then press SET
3. Using the MONO START, just press until the word "PURGE XXXXX" comes out
4. Using the ARROW UP botton, press botton and wait for the ff #:
a. 2 then press SET
b. 7 then press SET
c. 8 then press SET
d. 3 then press SET
e. Press Stop/Exit
(This is to reset the purge counter)
5. Using the ARROW UP botton, press botton and wait for the ff # to appear:
a. 0 then press SET
b. 1 then press SET (to reset unit)
c. 9 then press SET
d. 9 then press SET (to exit maintenance mode)
If after this procedure you still encounter problem, see your service center
Hope this will solve your problem "unable to clean".