Question about Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing Dishwasher
After following Stevecon's advice to fix Eco light flashing, machine made a noise like a coffee perculator, stopped and flashed both Eco and Fast lights together!! Any ideas would be gratefully received.
I had a hotpoint engineer try to fix this type of problem.
He insisted that there was something stuck in the bottom of the pump.
Sure enough there was.
1. Unplug your dishwaser at the wall.
2. Remove the grill under the bottom rack.
3. Ensure that the filter is free from food and other obstacles and clean the filter.
4. Before replacing filter etc, get a piece of metal coat hanger wire and care fully insert it down the channel under the filter to free any lodged items. You may also see a small white impleller try to turn this with your finger or the coat hanger wire (this is the info from the engineer!).
5. replace filter and retry a wash.
This routine fixed or machine twice and will hopefully fix yours!
Don't forget to rate me!
Posted on Jul 07, 2008
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 01, 2017 | Saeco Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Nov 05, 2009 | Braun Tassimo Espresso Machine/Coffee...
Nov 20, 2008 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
Jul 11, 2008 | Hotpoint Dishwashers
May 23, 2008 | Hotpoint 18 in. BCI45 Slim-Line Built-in...
Jan 26, 2008 | Dishwashers
Apr 12, 2007 | Hotpoint 24 in. FDW60 Free-standing...
584 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!