iCloud automatically saves your iPhone text messages and other types of data, such as, device settings, app data, ringtones, and visual voicemails. You may get your messages lost by mistaken deletion, iOS update, failed jailbreak etc.
Unfortunately, there is no easy way to retrieve only messages from an iCloud backup - you must restore the entire backup to your iPhone or another iOS device. This requires erasing your device and setting which may cause the data loss on your existed content.
So how to view text messages on iCloud from your PC? Here is an iOS content manager - AnyTrans
that gives you the access to iCloud backup, and view iCloud messages, contacts, notes, calendar and more.
1. Download and install AnyTrans on your computer.
2. Launch AnyTrans, and then connect your iPhone to the PC.
3. On the homepage, click the iCloud option on the bottom.
4. Sign in with your Apple ID.
5. Select a backup you need, and click Messages.Now you can see the text messages with phone numbers or contact names. And you can also download them to your computer by clicking the To PC button.
Resource from: How to View Text Messages on iCloud >