Question about D-Link DI-604 - 4-Port Broadband Router [ DI-604 ] (109524)
The computer should be connectec to the LAN port of the router, it's the modem that should be connected to the WAN port of the router. but if you're having the same problem even though your modem is connected to the WAN port and your computer is connected to the LAN port, it seems that your router is not behaving properly. it seems that the router is not functioning as a router anymore but rather as a switch. reasons are: it could be just it's not sync properly with your modem, the firmware is corrupted or the hardware itself is defective. try the steps below and check if it'll solve your problem
- power cycle your devices by turning off everything, then turn on your modem first, wait for the lights to turn on before powering on the router (make sure that all the cables are connected to the proper ports). lastly turn on your computer to check if you're online through the WAN port of the router
- if you're still not online, unplug the router from the modem and leave the computer connected to the LAN port, the press the reset button of the router (this will erase all the settings on the router and you need to reconfigure it but since the router is not working properly, you might just need to reset it)
- after resetting the router, check the ip address of teh computer connected. it should be 192.168.0.x so you will be able to access the router menu. if it's not getting a valid ip address, you can try to set a static ip address like 192.168.0.5 and ping the router's ip address. if you'll have 4 replies, try to access the router again and if you can access it, reconfigure it for internet access
- you might as well update the firmware of the router once that you have accessed the router menu just to make sure that you will not have the same problem in the future.
- if the above steps are not able to solve your problem, it could be a hardware problem and you need to get a new router
hope this'll help you
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2011 | Routers
on Aug 26, 2010 | Routers
Dec 15, 2010 | Linksys E3000 Wireless Router
Jul 23, 2010 | Belkin N Wireless Modem-Router F5D8633au4A
Mar 07, 2010 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Aug 29, 2009 | Linksys Wireless-G WRT54GS Router...
Mar 09, 2009 | Belkin Wireless G Plus MIMO (F5D9230-4)...
Feb 09, 2009 | D-Link DI 514 Wireless Router (DI-514)
Oct 29, 2007 | Linksys EtherFast Cable/DSL VPN Router...
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: