PC W3623 Vista Home Basic Windows stopped working after U/G installed.
PC does not start. A disc for re-install the Op Sys does not work either.
The problem begun after an UpGrade code KB93....... was automatically installed and Windows Stop to avoid damages to the System. A CD to restore to factory settings was ordered but I think will not work either since after the order I found the CD that came with the system and is not working. Microsoft is not able to help.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I suspect your pc is not seeing the hard drive. I take it you are using a Sata drive but not installing the sata driver for the motherboard. Try installing on an IDE drive. If this works the above is correct.Good luck.
Hello kelvinvu, according to the information that I gathered from this computer model, it has Windows Vista 32 bit home premium installed on it. Windows XP is an older operating system so you can't "upgrade" to it. You could however install a fresh copy (more likely completely erasing all your previous information on vista and data files) or you could upgrade to Windows 7. Since you are using "Windows Vista 32 bit home premium", you have to upgrade to "Windows 7 32 bit home premium" or better. So if you were trying to "upgrade" to Windows 7 Home Basic, it will not allow that since it considers that a downgrade in the Operating System. You should actually be able to pop in the Windows 7 Home Premium CD while vista is running and start the upgrade process pretty painlessly that way. Just access the CD and walk through the menus for upgrading Vista to Windows 7. As a reminder, you must use the 32 bit discs. If you try and use the 64 bit discs (a different operating system as far as windows is concerned) you will have to go through the same process of installing a new version of windows (not upgrade). I hope this has solved your specific problem kelvinvu, have a great day!
Hi , Unfortunaly , you can't . You need the install disc . You can retreive existing data by extracting the hdd from your desktop and connect it to a healthy computer . Format the HDD afterwards , put it back into the desktop and launch install disc .
where does the comnputer fail to load at. If you have installed windows again and the computer fails to start it is a hard drive or cable problem. Does the computer give you a error message (like 1XX,2XX,3XX Etc.
Chances are the performance of vista on an eMachine is an ugly sight anyway. My advise would be to downgrade to XP or try a good solid Linux distribution like Ubuntu. It will preform faster and be more stable that it ever was with Vista. Don't get me wrong I am not a total vista hater but it is a hog.
There are three areas you can (or cannot) set languages.
1. Operating system (Windows most probably) Unfortunatelly you cannot change the operating system language. (Except Vista Ultimate and Vista Enterprise edition and having the right MUI)
Other windows languages are not changeable without re-installing the current op.sys. and of course you have to have the right language based op. sys. on cd or on dvd.
2. BIOS language change: It can be change if the BIOS flashable and the BIOS provider released the required version in your language. (Mostly default language is english) Some BIOS can be set to other language without flashing it. Look in the BIOS menu first. It's not easy to find if its set to another language but try every sub menu than you will find it.
3. The regional and keyboard settings. Its a basic setup in the control panel--->Regional and Language (GLOBE ICON) ---> firs and second tab you have to choose the desired language.
after formating hdd u can install any op sys on ur computer, please put ur op sys cd in drive
after starting computer and boot it with this cd when u start ur computer u will get a massage "press any key to boot from cd"
and install xp from cd also format ur hdd with xp op sys
it will solve ur problum