Ok the other day I spilled a mixed drink on my phone. I tried to dry it off right away but when I tried to turn it back on, it'll just go on for a second then the screen will turn white, then normal screen, then white again... does it about three times before turning completly off again. It does it everytime I try to turn it on... Do I just need to get a new phone? I also tried taking the battery out and letting it dry for a day or two with no luck.
Well you can either get a new phone or possiably take it apart and blow dry it on low to dry it out.i know that sounds crazy i did that on my razr phone.if you dont want to do that and your phones under warranty i would take it back.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Water and electronics don't mix.
Immediately, (too late for that), remove batteries.
Wipe off any excess liquid with absorbent paper or cloth.
I have heard that if you bury it in rice overnight, with the battery out and cover removed; that the rice will absorb moisture.
Next day put the battery back in and turn on.
However if there was damage done instantly, you will just have a dry android that doesn't work.
When phone gets wet NEVER try to turn it on. Take battery out right away shake water off and put both in bowl of rice for at least 24 hrs. If your not home or don't have rice right away take battery out and get some. We have a bowl of rice on the counter all summer long for those who jump in the pool with phone in their pocket. I have washed them dropped them in the toilet my son jumped in pool with his phone, put it rice for 24 hrs and we were up and running with the exception of the one in the pool, that one cost me new battery on Ebay ($4.95) but phone worked fine, didn't even lose contacts or pictures. But the key is to NOT try to turn it on after its been wet. Water and batteries don't mix.
Remove the battery and immerse both the phone and the battery in dry uncooked rice for three days. This is the only cheap way to dry everything out. After the three days put the battery back in the phone and it should be OK
Take the battery out and let it dry complete. That may take a few days, then try to put the battery back in and see if it turns on. If not, try hooking it up to a wall charger, if it powers on, it may be ok. If it lost all the settings and apps, you may be able to restore by hooking it up to your computer and itunes to let it resync.
I wouldn't hook it to the PC until I verified the thing would work on it's own without shorting home power first.
If a phone gets wet, turn it off, get the strongest rubbing alcohol you can find (we have 91% here) and immerse the phone in the alcohol. Let it sit for a minute or two and then take it out and let it dry. The alcohol will either wash away the water or mix with it to make it dry faster so it shouldn't corrode the contacts. This had to be done with the phone still wet from the original spill. Taking it to the vendor, they will look in the BTTY compartment and see that the phone was wet (little paper sensor that changes color if it ever gets wet) and that voids the warranty so you are kind of stuck sorry.
I would take the battery out for a few days let it dry out and see what happens. If it still doesnt work yes i would call it toast or if you want to pay out some extra money to send it in to be repaired than do that, if not call it toast. Do not take it apart and fool around with it, these phones are not easy to put back together lol