Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 19, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa Clip MP3 Player
Sep 07, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa m230 MP3 Player
Jun 21, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa c150 MP3 Player
Nov 15, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
Sep 29, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Sep 14, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Aug 20, 2006 | SanDisk Sansa m240 MP3 Player
113 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: