- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
u can, but I don't see any reason for that...
of course u can switch to outlook, u need just to reinstall the Palm Desktop software from the CD, and choose the option synchronize with outlook instead PDS (while installing again).
Anyways, switching from a hh to another one, doesn't make any problem with ur data, u need just to install the new PDS and synchronize using the same user name....
In order to synchronize with Outlook you need to setup the replication to be with Outlook instead of Palm Desktop.
On you cd there should be a third party piece of software (Chapura). Install the required software and follow the instructions.
I was ready to give up completely. Uninstalled, reinstalled, nothing worked.
Here is what I did to resolve sync errors:
1. Perform a hard reset on the Palm
2. Go to the Palmone folder on your hard drive (C:\Program Files|PalmOne. Look for the Backup folder. Rename this folder Backup Old.
3. Connect the Treo to your computer.
4. Right click the Hotsync icon in the taskbar and click Custom.
Change the four Outlook conduits (Calendar, Contacts,Tasks,Memos) to Desktop overwrites Handheld.
5. Run a Hotsync with the Treo. It should sync without errors. If you need to install additional applications you can add them now.
This worked for me. I hope it helps with your errors.
Remember to change (HotSync, Custom) settings before you perform your sync or else you will get duplicate records as I did. Good luck.
Support Knowledge Library
Click here to go back Click here to print
Solution ID: 25263
Switching between Outlook and Palm Desktop synchronization
Depending on your device, you might be synchronizing with Outlook using the Palm™ Outlook Conduits, or PocketMirror conduits from Chapura (find out which). Both of these types of conduits are installed and activated when you run the CD-ROM that came with your device.
What do you want to learn about?
* Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
* Switching synchronization: PocketMirror Conduits
* Synchronizing partially with Palm Desktop, partially with Outlook
* Note about data transfer
* Macintosh information
* Multiple users on the same desktop computer
Switching synchronization: Palm Outlook Conduits
These instructions apply to the Palm Outlook Conduits that are included with handhelds released after late 2003. The Palm Desktop installer determines which conduits are activated during the installation process.
If you want to switch synchronization from Palm Desktop to Outlook, or vice versa, you'll need the original CD-ROM that came with your handheld.
1. Insert the CD-ROM into your computer. A window should open, containing the contents of the CD-ROM.
2. From the Discover Your Handheld screen, select "Install Microsoft Outlook Conduits" or "Change synchronization method" (depending on which device you have)
3. Follow the instructions for switching synchroniztion from or to Palm Desktop or Outlook.
4. See our note about data transfer
Remember: Some applications will continue to synchronize with Palm Desktop. Use Palm Desktop to manage applications such as Photos and VoiceMemo
I was having the same problem, and I used Detect and Repair in Outlook. Now all is working fine. You will need the original CD that you installed from.
Hope this helps as none of the other things that I saw on any sites did until I tried this.
what software did you download for your outlook conduits? the installation cd already has the outlook conduits you need.. you just have to install palm desktop first then you'll be given options whether to sync your handheld with palm desktop or with outlook. choose sync with outlook
Inorder to sync your handheld with Outlook you must have outlook conduits installed. Follow these steps to have an outlook conduits installed.
1. Place the Desktop Installation & Software Essentials CD on your cd-rom drive. Wait for it to finish its autorun
2. At this point you'll be presented wth a flash window which contains certain options you can choose.
3. Click on "Change your synchronization method"
4. Click on "Use Microsoft Outlook to ...... "
5. Click on "Yes"
6. Click on "Done"
7. Restart your computer inorder to refresh the new settings.
You can now use Microsoft Outlook to synch your appointments, contacts etc..
Hard-reset your Palm to erase all data (that usually involves pushing the small "reset" button on the back, then pressing the "power on" button until the device boots, and then pressing "up" to confirm the hard-reset)
After that, sync your palm. The sync software will ask if you want to use your existing profile or create a new one. Create a new one. Then the program will offer to sync your Outlook profile with your Palm. Click on "ok", and a message asking you to accept to sync your Outlook data with more than one profile will pop-up. Click on OK, again... and that's it!
If you have PocketMirror from Chapura (included with certain Palm handhelds), you can choose to install conduits that synchronize MS Outlook with the handheld applications Date Book, Address Book, To Do List, and Memo Pad. You can choose to synchronize these applications with either Palm Desktop or Microsoft Outlook, but not both.
If you want to synchronize with Microsoft Outlook, DO NOT install Palm Desktop from the Web. Instead, run the Palm Desktop installer from the CD that came with your handheld and select the option "Synchronize with Microsoft Outlook" when the choice appears. Visit www.PocketMirror.com for more information about Chapura(R) PocketMirror.