Question about Logitech Harmony 525 LCD Remote Control
We bought this remote today and were setting it up on the computer and it went into 'safe mode'. We are unable to do anything now. Please advise how to use it from here. Thanks
I just had this same problem and found the solution elsewhere on the net. Apparently the remote is prone to having buttons stick down. "Massage" or rub all of the buttons and one will probably unstick which will allow the remote to begin working normally again. I was a bit skeptical but it actually worked for me. Good luck
Posted on Apr 10, 2009
Posted on Jun 09, 2009
Safe Mode is a diagnostic tool in the Remote used for troubleshooting purposes. If the words "Safe Mode" or "Safe Mode Requested" appear on the remote, complete the following steps:
1. Ensure the Remote is in "Safe Mode Requested" by taking out the batteries, and disconnecting the remote from the USB cable.
2. Hold down the Off button and plug the remote into the USB.
3. Continue holding down the Off button for another 10 seconds. The remote should then display the words "Safe Mode Requested".
4. With the unit in "Safe Mode Requested", re-install the firmware by clicking Support on your home page.
5. Click Firmware in the Downloads section and follow the online instructions to upgrade the firmware.
6. Once the firmware upgrade is complete, click Update My Remote.
7. Insert new batteries into the remote.
NOTE: Ensure the new batteries are all the same brand.
Posted on Aug 13, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 06, 2011 | Gateway GT5220 PC Desktop
Nov 27, 2010 | Denon AVR-1801 Receiver
Nov 24, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 550 Remote Control
Apr 08, 2009 | Logitech Harmony 520 LCD Remote Control
Nov 08, 2008 | Dell Latitude D800 Notebook
Jan 21, 2008 | Sylvania 6419TC 19" TV
8,400 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: