I have a Samsung F480 and I am getting my screen freezing and I can only fix it by taking the battery out. Is this a known fault of this model?
it is an issue not only to samsung phones but the other brands and model as well.
to give you an idea, the causes of phone freezes are.
1. firmware failure
2. low phone memory capacity due to some big files were saved to phone
3. errors on your memory card(i.e; not formatted through cp or formatted to pc instead of your cp formatting utility, etc)
4. deleted file system for your phone or relocations of its strings
5. deleted or modifications on the registry
6. other applications are running on backgrounds.
7. sim errors or the phone is having difficulty to recognize the it.
to help you fix the problem try to do the steps.
1. back up your phone files, examples are, contacts, messages, mms, notes, task, etc through your samsung pc suite.
2. switch off your phone.
3. remove your battery
4. remove your sim and memory card
5. reinsert your battery and switch the phone.
6. from your keypad menu, type this code*2767*3855# to factory reset your phone and erase or fix the errors encountered by it.
7. switch off your phone, reinsert your sim and battery and switch on play with it first by setting and configuring it and check.
8. if your sim doesn't give you any lagging or freezes, switch it off, and insert your memory card and check.
after a successful factory reset had taken place and your problem was not fixed.....troubleshooting steps.
note 1. if this doesn't fix your problem, try to remember what you have done lately to your phone.
example of it is, unlocking to all networks by the use of a patch, or reflash. if this was what you have done lately, try to go back to the one who unlocked it and have him reflash the firmware or the latest version of the firmware for your phone.
note 2, try a different sim check if lagging and pauses occurs. if not then your sim has the errors.
note 3, remove the sim and insert your memory card, if lagging and freezes occurs, there's also a problem in your memory card. you may want to insert it to your computer and run the virus scanner from your pc. and reinsert it after the virus scan and check.
note 4. after factory reset had taken place, and the phone restarts and without sim and memory it gives you the same problem, go to your nearest samsung service centers, you may be needing a firmware upgrades or firmware reflash.
Mar 03, 2010 |
Samsung Cell Phones