The very first thing you need to do determine whether the issue is in the Hardware or in the Software for that on the printer .
1. Load plain paper in the tray.
2. Press the Setup
3. Press 2
to select Print Report
4. Press 4
to select Self-Test Report
. The self-test page prints.
Measure the time (in seconds) it takes for the test page to prints.If the test page prints in less than 60 seconds
, this is normal print speed and you do not need to troubleshoot.If the test page prints in more than 60 seconds
, go to the next step.
Some products print faster than others. If the test page exceeds 60 seconds, and other documents you print typically take as long, the print speed is normal. Troubleshoot this issue only if your product is designed to print faster than about 60 seconds a page or if printing is slower than usual.
***** IF THE PRINT SPEED IS MORE THAN 60 SEC.
Check the power supply. to check the power supply you need to follow these steps.
1. Turn the product so that you can access the rear side.
Unplug the power cord from the back of the product.
3. Remove any devices between the product and the power outlet, such as surge suppressors or power strips.
4. Plug the power cord directly into a wall outlet.
5. Print and time a self-test again.
If the test page prints in 30 seconds or less
, the problem relates to the power supply. Replace devices between the product and the power outlet, or leave the product connected directly to the wall outlet. If the test page takes significantly longer than 30 seconds
to print, continue to the next solution.
CHECK THE CARTRIDGE COMPATIBILTY.
Incompatible cartridges can cause the slow printing problem.
Which cartridges you use depends on your country or region. To check the cartridge compatibility you can go to this site (for hp printers) http://www.hp.com/buy/suresupply
and check The number on the cartridge label must match the numbers listed on HP SureSupply.
PERFORM A RESET.
1. Press the Power button and turn off the printer.
2. unplug the power cord. Disconnect the data cable(USB,Ethernet depending upon the the product set up). wait for 30 secs. reconnect all the cable and than try to print a test page.
if these steps resolves the issue than you dont need to continue troubleshooting or if the issue persist than Replace the Power supply for your product.