An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: Hoshizaki ice machine model no. KM500MAF
Go to their web site. lots of good info. too much to get what you need here. lots to concider when installing. self contained? remote condenser? location of unit. and lots more. tech support 1-800-233-1940 may shed some light too
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hoshizaki machines must have a very clean evaporater other wise the ice will bind causing a slow harvest. This may be from lime scale build up. "Lime A Way" is recommended for this proper cleaning. After that is done check to see that the water inlet valve screen is clean and that you have a filter installed. Last check the thermister attached to the suction line. http://www.hoshizakiamerica.com/techtips/Pdf/All/tips105.pdf
The main problem with Hoshizaki machines is if you are in a hard water area, if so do you have a good quality water filter, it may need changing. A quick way to check for calcium ot lime deposits in the machine is
1. Turn it off, run you clean hand around the area near the evaporator, are there any rough or flaky deposits there, if so you may need a chemical descale, contact a reputable fridge guy to do this for you.
2. The swinging arm motor may be faulty or possibly the ice sensor which controls the harvest cycle. If this is faulty sometimes the tray goes back up before the ice has slid off.
3. If the machine is situated in a cellar or other cool (less than 10 deg C / 50 deg f) this can sometimes affect the harvest cycle again to set this you need a tradesman.
4. Does the water flow properly over the lower part of the mould plate during a harvest cycle, the pipe can become blocked or dislodged.
this is a low voltage condition. It is not getting enough voltage and unit shuts down. You may be experiencing a voltage drop if the machine is too far from the main incoming power source or the wire size from the main to the machine is too small. Possibly a bad neutral could be the problem too. The machine senses an power problem. Start there.
make a few quick checks. If there are water filters on the system, be sure they are not restricked. Could be clogged. Next, check the bin stat. It usually is mounted in the ice bin. If it breaks or goes bad, it shuts down the machine. Start there and let me know if I can be of any further help.
My first question is, does the drain have a vent in it? If not, you may need to install one to be able to break the vacuum experienced when the unit flushes after a drop of ice. The vent will be a tee off the drain and a stand pipe that goes up about 5-10" vertical. My next question is has the drain in the plumbing (not the ice machine) been flushed, snaked or tested to see if it can handle the amount of water the ice maching dumps?
Their web site has all your answers. Their tech support line is worth the wait. 1-800-233-1940.
I usually don't exceed 25 feet. If it is a straight up install, that is, the remote is on a roof, you may have to install traps to ensure proper oil return to the compressor, Otherwise, it will lockup on ya.
I have a Hoshizaki KM-250BAF that is making 3 beeps then pauses and them makes 3 beeps again. If I unplug the ice maker and plug it in it continues to make the 3 beeps. The manual does not mention anything about beeps. Can anyone help?