Very bad program, bugs not solwed, as well as conflicts with other soft. Use any other, even freeware program, it will be better. There is no solution, and support from Olymus does not want, or does not know how to solve proble.
Contrary to posted reply that virus is responsible for bad behaviour of Master 2, yes it can be the problem, but this program has problems, and virus is not causing it to freeze or crash.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It's always dangerous to download a firmware update because if you don't follow the directions perfectly, you could end up with a "brick" instead of a camera. Review what you did and compare that to what the directions said. Also, when you were done, (if you connected the camera to the computer) did you remember to use the "safely remove hardware" function?
If I understand your problem right, the installed Olympus program does not launch (start) when connecting the camera to the computer using the Olympus' USB cable.
1. For the program to start automatically, the camera must correctly being recognized by the computer. Check if this is the case! When connecting the camera to the computer, you should see information shown on the camera's display! 2. If not, try to connect the camera on another USB port, or better another computer to diagnose the problem. 3. If the camera is recognized, you can set an option in the program to autostart the program when connecting the camera to the computer. 4. If it does not help, reinstall the program.
To reset the camera - have the camera in shooting mode - go to Menu - left arrow to reset - press ok - Highlight yes and press ok. This will set the camera back to factory default settings. Hopefully this should solve the issue.
1. identify wich copy of mfc80u.dll in the WinSxS your Oly Master is using. I did this renaming one by one and running the Master 2 to see if it continue to run or not. 2. Once identified the folde (mine was C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.MFC_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.922_x-ww_3cf1180b), copy the mfc80u.dll from the OLYMPUS Master 2 folder to the corresponding WinSxS folder 3. The Master 2 should run fine now
After contacting Olympus in hamburg, the problem was solved and installation of the new software (version 2.06) was possible.
There is - however - a bug when you choose the automatic update system. Don not do that and the program is running OK!
I did not solve the software problem of retrieval of pics & decided not respond to your email to pay for premium assitance with promise of maybe an answer. Thought it would be posted and might get an answer from someone suffering the same.
So, I will solve the problem by reshooting my pics and deleting the Olympus software for future use.