Setting the RX-V861
remote control to operate Zone 2:
- Using a ballpoint pen or similar object and press the [CODE SET] button RX-V861 remote control. The[TRANSMIT INDICATOR]on the remote should flash twice.
- Using the [NUMERICAL KEY PAD] on the remote and key in 9992, the [TRANSMIT INDICATOR] should flash.
Assigning the receivers internal amp for Zone 2:
- Set the remote control selector to [AMP]. (Located to the right of the volume buttons on the Remote.).
- Press the [SET MENU]button on the remote control.
- Arrow down to Manual Setup and press the Enter button on the remote control.
- Arrow to the [SOUND MENU] option and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
- Arrow to Speaker Set and press the [ENTER] button on the remote control.
- Arrow to the EXTRA SP ASSIGN and select ZONE2
- Press the [RETURN] button on the remote control to exit out and return to the Manual Setup.
There is an option for setting the Maximum Volume
and Initial Volume
in the Zone Set
- Max Volume: This is an optional feature but isrecommended to prevent the accidental change in volume levels thatcould damage the speakers and receiver.
- Initial Volume: This is also a great feature that would seamlessly start the volume level for the second or third zone at the desired level.
We do not recommend using any Speaker Selector boxes to enable more than the recommended number of speakers per terminal.
Controlling Zone 2 using the RX-V861
- If the Main Zone on the receiver is on, press the [POWER BUTTON]down and while holding that button down press the [PHONO]/[**] button on the remote. The [TRANSMIT INDICATOR] will light up.
- You will not be able to use the following buttons on the remote: (Pressing any other button will cause the remote to exit Zone 2 mode. [POWER], [STANDBY], [VOLUME], [MUTE] and the [INPUT SELECTOR] buttons [DVD], [CD], etc.)
There are the instructions as written straight from yamaha. If you need any further assistance please let me know.