On the Brother DPC130C
Take off the back cover, sort of triangular piece of plastic.
Take power cable out, turn the device on its side and look at the back in the centre there is a white piece of plastic lift that up with a ruler or such device lift the white plastic thingo and slide the tray out.
Don't forget to put all pieces back in place before using printer.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, when you put the paper in the tray make sure the paper holders on the side and back of the tray are positioned against the paper stack but not so much as to be snug.
Next, inside the compartment where the paper try is inserted look for a small plastic piece that hangs below the ceiling of the compartment. It should be near the front of the compartment hanging down and should swing freely backward.
Also, in the printer's paper tray settings make sure that tray is set to that size of paper you are using.
PAPER JAM A paper misfeed occurred in the main unit. Open the cover at the indicated location, and then remove the misfed paper. (“When the Message (Flashing alternately) OPEN XXX SIDE COVER All misfed paper was not removed from the main unit. Check the message in the display for the location of the paper misfeed, and then remove the misfed paper. ORIGINAL DOC.JAM A paper misfeed occurred in the Document Feeder. All misfed paper was not removed from the Automatic Document Feeder. Open the Document Feeder Cover and the Document Feeder, and then remove the misfed paper. (Flashing alternately) OPEN DOC.FEED COVER ∗REMOVE PAPER IN BYPASS TRAY∗ Paper is loaded in the Manual Bypass. Remove the paper from the Manual Bypass. FRONT COVER OPEN The Front Cover of the main unit is open or not securely closed. Securely close the Front Cover. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE FRONT COVER DUPLEX COVER OPEN The Duplex Unit Cover is open or not securely closed. Securely close the Duplex Unit Cover. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE DUPLEX COVER DOCUMENT COVER OPEN The Document Feeder is lifted up (while a document is loaded into it). Securely close the Document Feeder. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE DOCUMENT COVER DOC.FEED COVER OPEN The Document Feeder Cover is open. Securely close the Document Feeder Cover. (Flashing alternately) CLOSE DOC.FEED COVER TONER EMPTY The toner is empty. Copying and printing cannot be performed. Replace the toner bottle with a new one. SUPPLY TONER PAPER EMPTY The selected paper tray has run out of paper. indicates the paper tray, and “XXX” indicates the paper size. Load paper of the specified size into the specified paper tray.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Paper jam message occurs when there are stuck papers inside the printer. There are several ways on how to correct this problem, either you remove the visible stuck paper manually or replace the toner or ink cartridge. Below are the steps you'll want to follow when this problem still occurs.
1. Turn off the printer. Turn the printer off and on to see if it can automatically clear some or all of the jam.
2. Inspect the location or tray the printed paper ejects to. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it. Remove any paper trays. Inspect them for wrinkled or damaged paper.
3. Open the printer door that allows you access to the printer ink cartridges or toner and look for any stuck paper. If the stuck paper is visible manually remove it.
4. If necessary, remove the toner or ink cartridge. Place it in a bag or away from light to avoid damaging it.
5. If you find a piece of jammed paper, remove it by holding it with both hands and pulling firmly. The goal is to keep the paper from tearing. If several pieces are jammed together, try pulling out the middle piece first to loosen the jam.
6. If the paper does tear, try rotating the roller gears manually to free the paper . Don't force anything.
7. Replace the toner or ink cartridge and paper trays, close any doors you opened and turn the printer back on.
8. If the printer paper jam message still appears, then there is still some paper in the printer. Reinspect the paper path and try repeating the above steps again.
been stuck with a flashing red paper light for a while. The printer
could print from the manual tray and could also print test or diagnostic
pages. So I thought it might be driver related, and indeed it was. There's
a nasty setting in the printer properties that makes the printer go
woo-hoo. So go to printer properties > tray settings. Check the
"paper size" of "Tray 1". If it's set to "undefined", change it to your
corresponding paper format. Click Update, Apply. Now print happily. I still wonder why that setting magically changed. Hope this helps someone.
There are 2 possibility to cause your printer acting like this: 1) Green Off, Red Fast-Flashing = Paper Jam or waiting for jam reset. 2) Green Off, Red Slow-Flashing = Paper Empty or Paper tray is not inserted.
If it is condition 1) then just remove the jam paper then open and close the Top Cover to clear the error. If it is condition 2) then insert some paper in the paper tray.
Manual Feed Command. 1. Press the Job Cancel button to cancel the print job. Delete the print job in the print queue on the computer. You can quickly access the print queue by double clicking the Printer icon in the task tray or dock.
2. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer. Check that the front cover is closed.
3. Turn the printer power switch ON while holding down the GO button until the Toner, Drum, and Paper LEDs are lit.
4. Release the GO button. All LEDs will be off.
5. Press the GO button 8 times. The green Status LED will flash briefly while the printer is reset. After the printer is reset the Status LED will be lit green.
6. Print the Print Settings by pressing the GO button three times. If the Print Settings pages do not print and the Paper LED is on again skip to the next section - No Paper in the Paper Cassette.
If the Print Settings pages print, the problem is isolated to printing from your computer. The Paper Source of the Brother printer driver or program you are printing from may be set to MP Tray or Manual, instead of Auto Select, Tray 1, or Tray 2 (if the optional paper tray is installed). To check the Paper Source setting of most programs, click File and Page Setup or Page Layout. You may need to click the Paper Source tab or Paper tab depending on your software application. Verify that in the Paper Source section does not list MP Tray or Manual. Choose Auto Select, or another relevant source such as Tray 1. Click OK. Try printing the document again.
No paper in the paper cassette. 1. Pull the paper tray completely out of the printer.
2. Insert the letter or legal size paper into the paper tray with the top edge of the paper first and the print side down. Make sure that the paper is flat in the tray and below the maximum paper mark. If using a paper size other than letter or legal, the paper should be loaded in the MP Tray. The MP Tray can print on paper from 2.75 in. by 4.57 in. up to8.5 in. by 16 in.
3. While pressing the blue paper-guide release lever, slide the paper guides to fit the paper size. Make sure that the guides are firmly in the slots. For legal size paper, press the lever located at the back of the tray and pull out of the back of the open tray.
4. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer. Press the GO button. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed. If the alarm continues, follow the steps below.
Paper Jam at Paper Pick-up. 1. Turn the printer power switch OFF on the right side of the printer.
2. Remove the paper cassette from the printer.
3. Elevate the front of the printer slightly to locate the jammed paper.
4. Gently remove the jammed paper.
5. ReinstalI the paper cassette back into the printer.
6. Turn the printer power switch ON. If the alarm clears, no further troubleshooting is needed.
there is most likely a small piece of paper on a sensor/
remove paper tray and look inside, is there paper behind the tray? look at the tires are they bald and sniny? replace. Look at the tires and see if there is any scrap of paper there.
open right door and look down towards the paper tray, do you see any pieces of paper? there is a small black lever there, it's the sensor is it stuck?
look into the fuser (where it gets hot) ,you may have to remove it the paper sometimes gets crumbled like an accordion there, htere is also a small black lever there see any paper is it stuck?
LED pattern Possible Problems and Solutions Your system has some problems. If this problem occurs, contact your service representative. On Line/Error LED lights red • Paper jam occurs. To solve the problem, see “Clearing Paper Jams” on page 5.6. • The front cover is open. Close the front cover. • Paper tray is empty. Load the paper in the Tray. • The toner cartridge is out of toner. Remove the old toner cartridge and install a new one. See “Installing the Toner Cartridge” on page 2.4. • You pressed the Cancel button while the printer is receiving data. • In Manual Feed mode, there is no paper in the manual tray. Load paper into the manual tray. • If the printer is receiving data, the On Line/Error LED slowly blinks green. • If the printer is printing the received data, the On Line/ Error LED blinks green fast.