My computer was rebooted by Dell and now I have to re-register my programs but I do not have the Keys for the programs. I do not have the disks and Dell never explained that I would have to register the products over. I am a newby to computer programs and so forth.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Dell has been including a "factory restore partition" on the hard drive for several years. Your Dimension 8400 should have the Dell PC Recovery software and files on the original drive.
Is the original hard disc installed? Have you ever upgraded the OS from the original XP? If you have not upgraded these two items or changed the partition structure on the drive, then shut down the computer and restart it. When you see the blue bar with www.dell.com, press <Ctrl> and <F11> simultaneously. (The Control (Ctrl) key is usually duplicated on most keyboards on both ends of the row with the space key. F11 is the second to the right among the function keys if they are in a line at the top of the keyboard. Three other keys (and possibly media control keys) will be to the right of the function keys on many keyboards.)
Sometimes it is hard to correctly time this. If you reach the windows boot-up, restart the computer and try again. (I usually have to do this 3-4 times.) Select Restore and then confirm the action on the next screen. Then wait for the program to reformat the C: partition and copy the files from the recovery/restore partition. When the computer restarts, it will display the End User License Agreement and other "start-up" screens for a new computer.
If the hard drive has been changed so that the PC Restore doesn't work, find someone with a copy of your version of Windows (DVD). Note your current license key. Then use a program to reformat the C: partition and reinstall Windows. (You'll lose the Dell extras that came with the computer.) Members of MUGs (Microsoft Users Groups) or Microsoft Technet may have these disks.
Open a command prompt after your PC reboots and resumes setup.
- In Windows 2000, wait until the PC begins registering components and then press the "Shift + F10" keys simultaneously.
- In Windows XP, watch the bottom left-hand side of your screen until
you see a progress bar that reads "Installing devices" and then press
the "Shift" and "F10" keys together. This will open a terminal window.
or you can use the window CD,this modify the BIOS in the BOOT
Do you have the original repair disk and program disk if you do just pop the disk in the cd drive and reboot the computer and it should pick up the cd and start it for you. If you don't have the original system disk that came with the computer big problems.
hi terrye, i am happy to help you , just follow these steps you can able to remove ad aware anti viurs
Manual Removal of AD AWARE
1. Click on "Start," then choose "Programs." Click "Uninstall ad-aware." Allow the computer to uninstall the software. If the program does not successfully uninstall, uninstall the program using the control panel. 2. Click on "Start," then choose "Control Panel." Click on "Add/remove programs." The programs that are listed on your PC will be displayed. Choose "ad-aware se." You will be asked if you want to remove the application and all of its components. Choose "Yes," and allow the program to uninstall. 3. Locate the ad-aware program folder and un-register it by clicking on "Start" then "Cy computer." Double-click on "Local Disk." Locate the "Program Files" folder and double-click on it. Locate the "Lavasoft" folder and double-click on it. Locate the "ad-aware" folder and double-click on it. Next, double-click the file "unregaaw.exe" to un-register the file. Next, delete the entire Lavasoft folder. 4.Delete any Ad-Aware SE program icons that may be present on your desktop. Remove the Lavasoft folder located in your documents and settings folder. Navigate to the folder by clicking on "Start," then "My Computer." Double-click on "Local Disk." Locate the "Documents and Settings" folder and double-click on it. Locate the folder labeled with your computer user name and double-click on it. Double-click the "Application Data" folder, choose the Lavasoft folder and delete it. Reboot your PC.
ADOBE FLASH PLAYER
its not much hard to install adobe flash player , just copy and paste the link below
after page got loaded click this button Download now your flashpalyer will start to download, to make it more easy i will add video just check it out
You-Tube video "dxxYHlJ-7W8" placeholder Good luck ! if you think your problem solved don't forget to rate
If you have a Windows password reset disk, you can easily reset
your Windows password with it. If not, you can follow the steps to
create one. You just need an available computer linked to the Internet.
Whilst starting your computer press the F10 key (might be F12) All keys are listed under the dell logo just after you power on. When the recovery manager menu appears you can restore your PC from the recovery partition on your hard drive. CAUTION: this will delete all your files, so make sure that you back up your doc's etc. Your PC might have the dell recovery disk creator application installed on it, Click START> PROGRAMS> and look for dell disk creator program. Usually this program will only let you create on set of disks so keep them safe If you don’t have the recovery manager you can reinstall an operating system manually after first having downloaded your drivers from the dell website and placing them on a CD or DVD. You can also purchase recovery disks for your computer from Dell thought this can be expensive.
1 Turn on the computer. During the boot process, a blue bar with www.dell.com appears at the top of the screen. 2 Immediately upon seeing the blue bar, press <Ctrl><F11>. If you do not press <Ctrl><F11> in time, let the computer finish starting, and then restart the computer again. NOTICE: If you do not want to proceed with PC Restore, click Reboot in the following step. 3 On the next screen that appears, click Restore. 4 On the next screen, click Confirm. The restore process takes approximately 6–10 minutes to complete. 5 When prompted, click Finish to reboot the computer. NOTE: Do not manually shut down the computer. Click Finish and let the computer completely reboot. 6 When prompted, click Yes. The computer restarts. Because the computer is restored to its original operating state, the screens that appear, such as the End User License Agreement, are the same ones that appeared the first time the computer was turned on. 7 Click Next. The System Restore screen appears and the computer restarts. 8 After the computer restarts, click OK.
Dell usually use different PCI cards in the same computers down load a small program call unidentified device identifyer and see what the sound card is the you can click on driver and it will go to site where driver is downlaoad install and reboot the computer if that does not work Most drivers I get are on the web site
driverguide.com but you need to register and it is free once installed
reboot the computer