Here is a direct link to the User's Manual for your GE model 27903 phone:
To view the Owner's Manual with Operating Instructions just use your mouse to click on the link, which is the underlined and highlighted text just above. This will open a new web browser page automatically for you and allow you to view the information at the website indicated and the contents of the Owner's Manual.
You may need ADOBE READER installed on your computer to read PDF documents.
You can download this free at WWW.ADOBE.COM
Click on the DOWNLOAD ADOBE READER button on right side of the ADOBE home page when you get there, then follow the onscreen instructions to install the software on your computer.
The TONE dialing option is normally the default setting for any modern phone unless you have previously changed it to the PULSE mode yourself.
However, here is an except from the manual on how to switch between the two modes if necessary:
1. Make sure your phone is OFF
(not in talk mode).
2. Press the Menu button to go to the main menu.
3. Press cid/vol (- or +) button to scroll to Setup BS
4. Press Menu button to confirm and you may program the following items: LAC (local area code) and Dial mode.
From the Setup BS Menu:
1. Press the cid/vol (- or +) button to scroll to the Dial mode
2. Press Menu button to enter the menu and use the cid/vol (- or +) button to select Tone or Pulse.
3. Press Menu button to save your selection.
Please comment back here to this page if you have any details to add, have any questions, have difficulty accessing the links, or just require further general assistance and I will respond as soon as I see it.
I hope that was helpful to you, good luck and take care.