Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
If its a canon, try this.
OK, Canon will hate me for posting this.
1. Remove ink cartridges
2. Remove print head
3. go to sink or tub (stainless steel, not plastic type), pick up a roll of paper towel on the way.
4. Fold several layers of paper towel and place on flat surface.
5. Run hot water until HOT!
6. Turn hot water back to a dribble.
7. Run the dribbling hot water through print head, be careful not to wet the gold contacts.
8.When water running through print head is clear, place print head on paper towel.
9. Repeat number 7 and 8 until no colour shows on paper towel.
10. Gently DAB print head (DO NOT WIPE) inside and out with dry paper towel until dry.
11. I normally replace print head after drying, but you may wish to let it air dry overnight.
12. Replace print head in printer and install cartridges
13. Start printing.
I do this to all 4 of my Canon printers every 6 months or so.
If any colour fails to print after this process it means your print head probably needs replacing.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2012 | Canon MP560 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 20, 2010 | Canon iR 2016i Black and White Copier
Feb 12, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MP980 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 05, 2010 | HP Photosmart 7450 InkJet Printer
Sep 22, 2009 | Computers & Internet
297 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: