I press the power button the tv makes a clicking sound the standby light flashes 4 times the tv clicks one more time then looks to be off any suggestions on how i can fix this would be much appresciated the model number is kp-46wt520 make sony rear projetion made in august o4
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Flashing of the standby LED light 10 times (KP-46WT520) is a "High Voltage Protection".
Affected parts are as follows :
• Q8014 or Q8013 have shorted replace along with R8051 on D Board.
• IC8005 is damaged (D Board).
You must know how to test transistors, resistors using the multimeter if you are going to DIY.
If you don't have necessary tools and test instrument and can't troubleshoot the unit yourself, I would advice you to seek for an assistance of a qualified TV Technician to isolate the above faulty parts.
Hope I helped you.
Have a nice day!
Thanks for using Fixya.
1) This is a CRT based set so there is no "lamp" involved.
2) The standby light should be blinking a repeated count of blinks with a 2 second pause between counts. Please report the exact count here. This will indicate the circiut in which a problem was detected.
With the above information, we can provide you with a more detailed description of the problem as well as the likely solutions and cost.