Question about Hotpoint Refrigerators
Red light on for High Freezer Temperature Warning
or freezer not cooling, but fridge is and a lot of noise from compressor.
Also, fridge drain hole blocked, water in bottom of fridge.
This is a common fault in Hotpoint Fridge Freezers and can also happen if the door has been left open or has been a power cut.
1. Turn off fridge freezer, or at least turn down the freezer temp to minimum, though not ideal.
2. Open freezer door and remove all drawers.
3. Remove the back panel on the inside of the freezer. This is held in place with 4 screws, which might be 6mm hex head or star allen head. Pull the panel out.
4. Behind where the panel was, there is a cooling element for cooling, pipes, and below this a temperature sensor. If the fridge freezer is not switched off, then fold together a few layers of tinfoil and wrap around the sensor.
5. Use a hairdryer to slowly melt the ice. Melt it around areas where it appears to be hanging on, such as the corners of the cooling element or bolts, as well as any thin sections below the main block of ice around the cooling element, which will be supporting the main block. Use a plastic ice scraper to remove ice but not near pipes or sensor.
Warning: Be careful using electrics around water & melting ice & drips.
6. Below the cooling element, there is a drip channel & drain hole. If this hole is full of ice, pour a small amound of warm water down, leave for 10 seconds and pour a bit more until clear.
In the fridge, clear the drain hole in the same way.
Warning: Do not pour a lot of water down, as this water drains onto a tray above the hot compressor at the rear of the fridge freezer to be evaporated by the heat of the compressor and the tray will only hold a small amount.
7. When all ice is removed, dry all moisture. Put the shelves back. Close door. Turn on fridge freezer. Turn up the freezer temperature to your normal setting. Turn on fast freeze if available. After 1 hour, check with a thermometer. It should be cold enough after 1 or 2 hours.
Posted on Dec 04, 2013
The red warning light will not go out?
1. Has the fridge freezer just been
installed? If so, this is normal and the
light will go out when the correct
temperature has been reached.
2. Has the fridge freezer been loaded
with a large quantity of food? If so,
the light will go out when the correct
temperature has been reached.
3. Have the doors been closed
Posted on Nov 29, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 26, 2014 | Hotpoint Freezers
Aug 16, 2012 | KitchenAid Refrigerators
Nov 02, 2010 | Samsung 26.1 Cu. Ft. Side-by-Side...
Feb 16, 2010 | Sub-Zero Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Oct 21, 2009 | Refrigerators
Oct 13, 2008 | Hotpoint 6.92 cu. ft. / 196 liter Upright...
Sep 29, 2008 | Hotpoint Â 21.8 Cu. Ft. Top-Freezer...
Aug 27, 2008 | Refrigerators
Jul 30, 2008 | Refrigerators
Mar 11, 2007 | Hotpoint FFA60 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
May 15, 2018 | Hotpoint Refrigerators
Apr 23, 2018 | Hotpoint Refrigerators
497 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: