An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has answered 1,000 questions.
Re: BROKEN LCD SCREEN
I have seen this with cameras, and pocket TV sets.
It is best to send the unit back for factory service. Ask for an estimate before servicing.
The parts in your GPS are not generic parts. You can buy the screen from the manufacture and find that the circuit board under it is also broken or damaged.
You may also find that the cost of the screen replacement may approach the cost of a new unit. I have seen this on many small devices. In some models the screen module comes as part of a complete matched assembly.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Maybe my related problem with the TomTom One will help. The software was freezing as soon as the touch screen was pressed to enter a destination. The previous owner sold it to me on Ebay for half of what it was worth because he thought it was broken. I fixed it by plugging it into my PC using the USB cable and registered it with the TomTom website, then downloaded a free software update (Operating system - not a map update) and installed it to the device. After a reset the TomTom worked 100%!! Bargain!!
I know the Navman is not a TomTom but you sound like you are having a similar "Software" issue that an update / reinstall could possibly solve.
Try holding down on/off button till screen clears,switch back on and it should be working normally,this worked on mine,it had picture of laptop ,navman usb cable and a red cross,hope this helps.Cheers.
1) it is a software problem, in this case you can solve it downloading and installing a firmware update. You can download latest software from here. This is most likely situation.
2) If the above did not work it means that you have an hardware problem, probably the touchscreen is slightly faulty, or the lcd ribbon cable is not well connected. In this case I suggest to take the navman to service.