Question about Uniden Cordless phone EXS9950

1 Answer

The base unit on my phone doesn't work anymore

I want to know if I can send the base unit in and have it repaired. If so, what is the address to send it to?

My phone is a TRU9480

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

  • Contributor
  • 30 Answers

Yes, send it into your manufactorer by visiting their website.

Posted on Jul 14, 2008

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Phone says searching

Bring the handset that says searching into the same room as the base and see if the handset stops searching. Next unplug the handset batteries (yes from all handsets) and the base power cord (from both the base and the wall outlet). Wait a few minutes and then reconnect the batteries and base power cord. Next try to de-register and then re-register the handsets. (If you add a comment with the phone model, I'll help you with this step. Uniden has the manuals for their phones on their site: .)

If this doesn't help, next try a new battery (and make sure that the battery is fully charged) for the phone. (If the phone is under warranty, contact Uniden. Note: batteries lose their ability to hold a charge over time. This includes the time on the shelf in the package.)

If a new battery doesn't help, then there is something wrong with the handset. Decide if it is worth having the unit fixed if the phone is out of warranty.

I hope this helps.

Cindy Wells
(I'm assuming that both handsets are cordless. If you have a corded/cordless model, then check that the base has power before you go farther with the above diagnostics. The power brick should be warm. We had a cordless phone on a power strip (UPS) that got turned off. The handset was searching for a signal that wasn't being sent. If you have power to the base, try sending the Find Handset message. The problem could be either the base or the handset not sending and receiving the signals between them.)

Dec 11, 2011 | Uniden DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Phone has been dropped a few timesaffecting the sound quality in the speaker. Also the back will not stay attched. How do I get it repaired and what is the fee?

Thanks for visiting FixYa!

You have a couple of options that you should carefully consider.

Option 1) Send the phone to the manufacturer for repair. However, when you do you'll probably receive a notice that the handset should be replaced with a new one (because it is beyond repair). Manufacturers would rather sell you a new handset than repair an old one due to numerous reasons. And, the price will probably be much higher than purchasing the handset locally or from eBay.

Option 2) You're going to need to know the exact model number of your phone. There are MANY DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Phone Models. And, you need the exact model number to replace the handset.

New, replacement handsets can be purchased on eBay for far less than you'd pay for one from the manufacturer. On most phones, a new handset is programmed to the base by setting the handset in the base (not the spare extension charger base - but the main base) for 20 seconds. But, read your user guide to make sure.

If you do elect to send your handset in for repair, (and it can be repaired) I've seen it take from one to two months to get one back. So, keep this in mind when making your decision. The address for service and repair can be found in your phone's owner's manual. Or, you can click on this link to visit the Vtech Support Web page: Vtech Product Support Notice on their web page there isn't an actual link for repairs. As I wrote, they'd rather replace than repair it.

The actual cost for repairs won't be known until the handset is inspected by a qualified technician.

My suggestion is to save yourself a major headache and replace the handset either locally or from eBay.

Apr 19, 2011 | Vtech DECT 6.0 Digital Cordless Phone

1 Answer

I keep getting a system busy, try again later message when I try to place a call. I tried an old phone in the same jack and it works fine.


This is a COMMON problem with this handset. There are only few tricks that you could use to resolve this which are mentioned below :-

1. Unplug the unit for few minutes, say 15 minutes and then turn it ON.

2. De-register and re-register the phone.

3. Pull out the battery. Then hold the locate handset button on the base for 4 seconds.The base would beep for around 30 seconds and could resolve the problem.

If the problem persists, you need to send the unit for repair.To be honest, i would afraid to send the unit for repair as the repair cost would be high as compared to cost of the set.Buying a new set would be a much better and wise option.

Let me know,if needed further assistance.

Hope i helped you.

Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!

Nov 01, 2010 | Panasonic KX-TG1033S Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Semi Dead Panasonic KX-TGA100N with ''C533'' displayed.

Panasonic KX-TG1050N Cordless Phone. Base handset (No. 1, KX-TGA100N) does not work, no keypad response or dial tone. Green indicator message light ON (should only work with the TG1000N base unit) all the time till battery runs down. Display shows message ?C533?. Can still send and receive calls on extension phones 2 and 3.

Nov 11, 2008 | Panasonic KX TG1000N Cordless Phone

3 Answers

GE 900mhz model 26936GE2-C

Sounds like a defective battery or low battery.
1. Have you replaced the battery?
2. Have you changed the channel?
3. Have you dropped it?
Answer these few questions and we'll see if we can figure it out.
Let me know.

Feb 18, 2008 | Xact Communication XG2200 Cordless Phone

1 Answer

Phone won't work

The lighting blew out your phone circuit in your base, it needs replacing or repair, but you may be hardpressed to find a base only in good working order and then you will have to get the handsets to work with it. Nevertheless, one option is to contact Uniden, but they do not repair, they will give you an option to replace your unit. Or you can send your unit (base and handset(s) ) to for a repair quote. Good Luck, CG

Feb 17, 2008 | Uniden DXAI5188-2 Cordless Phone

3 Answers

Doro 130 R

Go to select home phones then Support then Manuals Then you type in your model which should be on the back of the base unit.

Oct 28, 2007 | Doro 530 Twin Cordless Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
Uniden Cordless phone EXS9950 Logo

Related Topics:

28 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Uniden Phones Experts


Level 3 Expert

96576 Answers

Dave Ellis

Level 2 Expert

84 Answers


Level 3 Expert

7987 Answers

Are you an Uniden Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides