- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Chances are, yes, it did overheat. You may have blown out a solider joint on the High and Low voltage supplies. Possibly even weakened them to the point that they need replaced. It would even be wise to test your Left and Right Channel amps.
If it's showing 'Protect' without any Speakers connected then you've got a fault with the Amplifier.
Depending on your Technical ability you could remove the outer case and have a look at it yourself. It could just be blown Capacitors on the Amplifier PCB or could be worse and require complete new PCBs if they are available for this model.
You'll notice there are no facilities for balancing the relative volumes in the electronics. After-market speakers of unknown sensitivities would be impossible to match if it could even drive them sufficiently loud.
This usually indicates faulty wiring, or miswiring. Disconnect the wires, one set and turn the unit off and on to see if that elimates your problem. If it does, the wiring or component is at fault. If you disconnect everything and have the same problem, it's an internal fault with the unit and will have to be troubleshot. Get and estimate first, to evaluate whether or not it's economical to keep, or replace with a new one. Good luck, hope this helps.
ok ive got one of these leads go to any hifi store or computer store and its a headphone jack with a red and white conetor on the other side there very in price from $5-$20 it depends how long and wat brand if u need ANY more help go and send me a message at email@example.com