Question about Car Speakers & Subwoofers

Open Question

Installing speakers in my 1972 Beatle convertible

I don't know where or how to install speakers in my '72 VW Beatle convertible. Looking for ideas/suggestions. HELP!!!!!

Jill Menk

Posted by on

2 Suggested Answers

  • 8 Answers

SOURCE: stock speaker size

im sorry, but im not sure. what you can do is remove the door panel and actually measure what size they are because ive checked everywhere for you and cant find it. sorry

Posted on Apr 12, 2009

  • 492 Answers

SOURCE: I have a 1999 Dodge

Try going to to view instructions on installation. You can also purchase them at . Hope this helps.

Posted on Aug 24, 2011

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Wiring diagram for 74 type 1 VW bug

If you are planning to install a radio, I recommend you purchase a wiring harness. If you vehicle doesn't have a stock harness, visit the scosche or PAC website to purchase one. If you can find the harness, it will have the diagram you are looking for. Also, a wiring harness will make installing the radio extremely easy. Hope this helps.

Aug 23, 2011 | Car Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Hello. I bought a VW New Beetle convertible from 2004. For whatever reasons the original radio has been removed. I'm looking for an (original) audio system that fits and looks good with this type...

If you are truely looking for original, visit your local dealer's parts department. They can provide the exact original (even if you want a little bit of an upgrade from the one that probably came in the car). As for any of the aftermarket radios, there are so many to choose from with so many functions and levels of quality. It's really up to your taste, and pocketbook for that matter. If you don't want the stock radio, visit your local stereo shop and let them know what you are looking for. BUT, don't be pressured into buying something you don't want. Happy hunting

Aug 22, 2011 | Car Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

How do i take out the factory stereo for a 2008 mazda 6, in order to install an after market amp?
Hi Lo Adapters
Hi/Low adapters are devices that installers use to convert a speaker level stereo to RCA levels so it can be hooked to an external car stereo amplifier. You can cut the speaker wires and hook the hi/lo adapter right up or you can tap onto existing speaker wires without cutting them so the speakers still play while the tap gives you a connection to the hi/lo device for adding something like a subwoofer amp to the existing speakers.... We have hi lo converters in TWO CHANNEL and FOUR CHANNEL configurations and we have them WITH and WITHOUT adjustments.. The adjustable hi/lo converters allow you to fine tune the hi/lo device to match other levels in the car or to make sure the match between your stereo and amplifier is a good match.. The adjustable line converters are the most popular.. We also have some specialty hi lo converters that have special radio plugs on them that may plug right into your factory stereo.
Now you can install an amplifier with your factory radio or install a new radio with your factory amplifier!

Mar 30, 2010 | Kenwood Car Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Have stock radio # F75F-19B131-AA its in a 1998 F250 need to know how and if i can hook up one Amp for the two door speakers, and if i can hook up an additional Amp for some subs. Ofcourse if radio can do...

You will need a line level converter for starters (takes speaker level signal and converts it to line level/RCA signal) you connect this to the speaker left/right wires and it has a RCA left right on other end to connect and run to your amps, (you need this box because factory radios don't have RCA outputs on them) At that point all you have to do next is run the power/gnd/rem for your amp and then speaker wires to your front/rear speaker and then sub (if using). You can use one of these converters for your front/back speakers so you will still have use of your front/back/left/right fading options. make sure you disconnect th factory plug/harness at each speaker since the amp will be powering them and you will run speaker wires to each speaker. If you only want one converter it will be on your front channel and your sub will be power by the front. (you will fade to front for more/less sub bass unless your amp has a separate volume/bass control). If you want your sub to fade with rear speakers you will need to install another converter off of the rear speakers. Found a site with some photos that may help you with your project.

Aug 18, 2009 | Car Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Car stereo Installation Help

As much as it might sound retarded i want to suggest to you that intead of all that hongkong stuff- just go to walmart and get the sony package that comes with the deck/cdplayer and the 4 speakers it comes with a pair of door speakers and a set of 6x9s and all the wiring that you need for a basic install-plus the deck has the rca pre-outs to install an amp. Get an amp and subs from a pawn shop at least you can be sure that it works before you buy it that way- I'm not knocking your idea, but it could be simpler and when you deal with flea-bay you never know whats going to show up on your doorstep. Good luck to you

May 28, 2009 | Car Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Stock speaker size

im sorry, but im not sure. what you can do is remove the door panel and actually measure what size they are because ive checked everywhere for you and cant find it. sorry

Apr 11, 2009 | Car Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Installing self amplified sub to factory stereo

Hello Jax GS300,

Yes, you can use RCA cables. Just wire in a "low-level" converter.

Using RCA's is really the best way, allowing you to run shielded wiring to the sub, making it less likely that the wiring will pick up electrical interference. I'd install the converter on the rear speaker wires behind the dash.

If you do not want to convert the speaker output, you can drive the Kenwood directly from the speaker wires. The diagram in the install manual shows the connections coming off the rear speakers.

Here's a link to one output converter. This one will convert all 4 speakers.

Hope this helps.

Apr 09, 2009 | Kenwood KSC-WD250 Car Subwoofer

1 Answer

I recently ordered the RNS 510 for my VW MK5 from the states, after installing it I realized the radio frequency works on ODDs numbers only i.e (104,1..104,3...etc..). Is there a chance to convert it to...

Im sorry to say that most american products will not be in compliance with European standards. There really is no way to convert the odds to evens for your stereo.

Apr 02, 2009 | Car Speakers & Subwoofers

Not finding what you are looking for?
Car Speakers & Subwoofers Logo

Related Topics:

28 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Car Speakers & Subwoofers Experts

xxxxxx xxx

Level 3 Expert

4706 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

21949 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a Car Speaker and Subwoofer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides