When i click on a link in an email and a new browser window opens & I try to close that browser window only, it shuts down my inbox and returns to the yahoo homepage. Is there a way to prevent that from happening so I can just return to my inbox?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Vista problems closing window in email
* Open Internet Explorer by double clicking the blue E icon on you desktop. * Click on Tools (if you don't see tools, as in IE 7, press the 'alt' key to show) * Click on Internet Options * Click on the Advanced tab. * Scroll down to “Reuse windows for launching shortcuts” and uncheck * Finish and close the dialog by clicking "OK
* Open the Firefox browser * Click on Tools * Click on options * Click on the Advanced button * Under tabbed browsing you have three choices. o “a new window” will open a new browser window with each new link. o "a new tab in the most recent window" will open a new tab in the current browser window. o "the most recent tab/window" will open the link in the tab or window that is currently open. * To retain the window you had open before you clicked on the link you should choose either "a new window" or "a new tab…"
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try using a FREE*, normal anti-virus from Microsoft Corporation: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download Click on Download button in the page and installl it, but before that please close any open programs and uninstall the escan anti-virus. By any open programs I mean open folders, any other installations, just go to page, click Download, run it, then close your browser.
I would scan for virsus first. Then a malware scan second. In all likely hood you have picked up a bug somewere. If this does not work, you might try resetting your internet browser. In Internet Explorer (IE), click on tools, internet options, the advance tab, click on reset and then restore advance settings. You will have to close IE and reopen it for the changes to take affect.
You probably need to empty your Java cache. Close your web browser (all open windows), then open your Control Panel (from the Start menu) and double click on the Java icon. Under the Java settings, you'll see a heading for temporary files, and a button to delete temporary files. Click this button -- it may take a minute or two to delete them all.
Once the temporary files have been deleted, close the Java applet and reopen your web browser. You should now be able to click on your Hotmail emails and see them. If they still don't work, restart the computer and try it again.
open your Email or what ever it is your using - click on FILE - at the bottom find ":WORK OFFLINE" - click that - close and reopen your client - or what ever Email system you have - - then open OUTBOX -- click open - then delete the file - - close and your on to better email.
First, try to access your account in a different internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera) or different computer, if you can access the other games, then the problem could be the internet browser that you are using.
You need to try optimizing your internet browser. Here's how:
* For Internet Explorer version 6 1. Open IE6 > Tools > Internet Options. 2. Click the Delete Cookies button and Delete History. 3. Click on OK > Close and re-open your IE6. 4. Try accessing your e-mail account.
* For Internet Explorer version 7 1. Open IE7 > Tools > Internet Options. 2. Click the "Delete" button under the Browsing History option. 3. Delete the Cookies, Internet Files 4. Click on OK > Close and re-open IE7 5. Try accessing your e-mail account.
* For Mozilla FireFox 1. Open Firefox > Tools 2. Select "Clear Recent History" 3. Select Cookies, Cache, Browsing and Download History. 4. Close and re-open Firefox 5. Access your e-mail
Links in an email in the Junk folder will never work. It is set this way to protect you. However if you are clicking a link in an email in the Inbox, right click the link and then click "Open Hyperlink". Once you do that the links on emails in your Inbox should work from now on. If not, is IE your default browser? If not make it so. If that does not work open Internet Options >> Control Panel >> Programs Tab >> Reset Web Settings.
this happen when you shrink the browser page and close it without maximized it.
open the browser page, click and drag the page to the left top corner of the screen (top left corner of the browser page is at the top left corner of the screen).
move the mouse to the right lower corner of the browser (the arrow will change to 4 direction arrow). click, hold and drag the corner to the lower corner of the screen. close the browser.
the browser page should be full screen when you reopen the page.