Question about Hoover Elite U5061-900 Bagged Upright Vacuum
Generic problem for all Vacuums
I have a Hoover Vacuum
Posted by Jimbob48 on Jul 01, 2008
I have a Hoover Vacuum Cleaner, Runabout Supreme, on which the belt has broken. I purchased a new belt, part number 38528-040.
I need some instructions on how to install the replacement belt? Thank you. JBS
I would advise you to ALWAYS to FIRST UNPLUG YOUR VACUUM before beginning any service procedure. Usually there are screws, clips or levers on the bottom of the vacuum and you need to either remove the bottom plate and once you have taken the screws, etc. out the top cover will come off. And then you can proceed with the removal and the install of the new belt. 1st you need to remove @ least one end of the Hoover brushroll and take of the old belt and slide on a new belt. Once the belt is on the pulley side of the brushroll; then re-install the brushroll. Make sure that the brush is spinning freely B4 you install the new belt, then take a belt puller or a screwdriver with a left or right hand hook to use as a belt puller and then stretch the belt onto the motor pulley, then take and roll the belt until it is tracking straight and then re-install the top cover and or the bottom plate, tighten down the screws, levers or clips. So, please feel free to contact your local vacuum cleaner dealer in your area or in the yellow pages, or contact the factory phone number or website to further assist you with your questions.
Contact our Customer Service Department at 1.330.499.9499
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. - 7 p.m. EST
Thanks, Don the Vac Man
Go Ahead. Use Us.
Posted on Jul 02, 2008
I was able to download from the internet step-by-step instructions with pictures on how to replace the belt on my particular Hoover vacuum cleaner.
Posted on Jul 06, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
1. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over so bottom side is up.
2. To remove bottom plate, insert end of flat screwdriver into wide area of right-hand slot and push handle of screwdriver to the rear.Repeat in left-hand slot.
3. Lift extension of bottom plate, rotate plate and remove from cleaner body.
4. Remove agitator and broken agitator belt.
5. Slip agitator through new belt. (With lettering toward outside of cleaner) and position belt in belt guide. Push end of belt into opening in cleaner body. Reposition agitator making sure to align flat sides of projection on belt end of agitator with flat sides of slot in cleaner body.
6. Place the three tabs on bottom plate into slots in front of cleaner body. Snap bottom plate into place over agitator.
7. Remove hood by turning cleaner over and removing nozzle control knob on front of hood -- grasp knob and pull up.
8. Place handle in operating position and turn cleaner over. Insert end of flat screwdriver into one of the four slots beside an arrow on bottom of cleaner.
9. For slots nearest the rear wheels, push handle of screwdriver toward cleaner handle; for remaining two slots, pry outward to release latches.
I0. Turn cleaner over and lift off hood.
Il. Stretch new belt onto motor pulley.
Extra effort may be required to stretch new belt onto pulley.
Turn agitator, making sure the belt is not pinched between agitator and cleaner body. The belt must rotate freely inside the belt guide. If agitator does not turn, remove bottom plate and reposition belt in belt guide.
Jun 28, 2014 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Apr 04, 2010 | Hoover U5227-930 Elite Upright Vacuum
Mar 21, 2010 | Hoover U6437-900 / U6439-900 Windtunnel...
Mar 04, 2010 | Hoover S3606 Bagged Canister Vacuum
Jan 22, 2010 | Hoover Runabout U50-940 Bagged Upright...
Jan 19, 2009 | Hoover Windtunnel Supreme U5280-900...
Jul 29, 2008 | Vacuums
Jul 10, 2008 | Vacuums
May 01, 2008 | Hoover U5450-900 Windtunnel Supreme Bagged...
472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!