Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Following is the description for Error 232
A communication failure (comm error) has occurred between the two machines. OR The user at the remote machine may have pressed CANCEL. OR The power at the remote machine has been interrupted, or deliberately turned off, causing the fax session to be interrupted
Follow the steps below to disable V.34 setting.
Disable or Enable the ECM
NOTE: The default setting for ECM is ON.
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
basically error 232 indicates that a communication failure has occurred between the two machines
Following these steps may help resolving your issue
1. Make sure that the phone cord is plugged directly from the wall jack into the back port of the fax machine that is marked "Line" or "To Wall Jack", or that has a wall-jack symbol.
2. Verify that the line interface unit (LIU) (the box that the phone cord plugs into) is seated fully into the back of the fax.
3. Remove any other device from the line such as splitters, credit card machines, or telephone answering machines, and retry the fax communication.
4. Try sending and receiving faxes on a different fax line.
5.Try using a different telephone cord.
6. Have the phone company test your line for static or noise problems.
7. Disable Error Correction Mode (ECM) if the same error occurs repeatedly.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
These errors mean that the communications have failed, and can mean that the receiver at the other end has terminated the call prematurely.
If the problem occurs with the same destination, then the receiver fax may be the problem.
If the error persists try disabling ECM
Posted on Feb 05, 2010
The problem could be with your phone service if you are on digital lines, you would have to install a digital to analog filter. If you are analog the comm errors are typical of a line with a lot of static. You can change two settings on the printer which should solve the issue until you install a filter.
The two settings which are under the fax set up menu/ all faxes\
Error correction mode (ECM) set it to off
Fax Speed set it to medium.
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 02, 2010 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
Jun 14, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Mar 31, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3050 All-In-One Printer
Feb 04, 2010 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
Nov 04, 2009 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
Jun 02, 2009 | HP LaserJet M1522nf Multifunction Printer...
Oct 21, 2008 | HP LaserJet 3055 All-In-One Printer
Aug 15, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
Apr 17, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
1,534 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: