My CyberHome CH-DVD 300 will not read cd's or DVD's. Once the disc is loaded, the disc spins, the video screen says "read", but will not play the disc. Also, after attempting to read the disc, the disc stops spinning and the thin square LED next to the load tray flashes alternating red and green.
If I take the top of the case off, the lenses look clean. I blew them off with dusting air, but no improvement. If I manually slide the lens assembly all the way to the outside, the assembly WILL slide front and back trying to read the disc.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Not reading anymore DVD movies disc or CD musics disc.The DVD laser eye head reader it is dead.Can't be repair must be replaced,not worth it well cost the same price as a new DVD player unit,if repair by a tech and have to buy parts for it.Basic DVD player unit are very cheap these day.U can buy a new one just a basic DVD player only will cost u like $40.
You have to check two things.
1. You have to check the tray loading belt in the mechanism. To see the same you should remove the mechanism.because the loading belt is beneath the cd tray. As it is cyberhome it will be very difficult to remove the mechanism for an user. if your capable for doing the same then make try. Because you have to remove the top cover then the back panel, then the mechanism. Take care the mother board is attached to the mechanism.
2. You have to check the cyberhome dvd player will show this type of complaint if the Spindle motor is faulty (oppen or short ). Spindle motor is one on which the cd rotates. It will not cost a lot.
Most likely the DVD laser lens is dirty. Unplug the CH-DVD 300 from the wall outlet, wait 5 minutes, then remove the top cover. Next, remove the rectangular metal plate which covers the area where the CD or DVD disc would be when in the player's tray. Underneath the rectangular plate you should see two small lenses. Gently clean these lenses using ear swabs moistened with isopropyl alcohol. Reassemble the CH-DVD 300 in the reverse order that you disassembled it, plug it back into power, and now it should read your DVD discs just fine.
Sounds like a read error fault , possibly a laser malfunction sometimes dirt on the lens will cause this try a good CD cleaner if this is no good I suggest a free engineers estimate at least you can then ask again on here how to fix it . My honnest guess is either a duff laser or software corruption . I have known seating of the tray to cause this also not returning fully back into machine , usually caused by children and alien matter ? shall we say such as choclate or M&MS kids shove stuff everywhere ? bless them lol
hope this helps Regards Vortash
I have a cyberhome dvd player CH- DVD 300 had it for a 1 year i but in a orginal dvd movie and it does play it it said no disc I but in dvd cleaner it read for a moment but when i put in the orginal movie it said no disc again is it the sensor or what, what should i do???
Reset you player by doing the following:
With the player on, hooked properly to your television, and on the correct station:
Open the tray
Close the tray (with no DVD inserted)
Hold the stop button down for a full 5 seconds
The CyberHome screen should appear. You should be able to play your dvd's now.