Question about Lenovo 3000 N100 0768 - Pentium Dual Core T2060 1.6 GHz - 15.4in. TFT PC Desktop
Administrator password forget
how to retrive suggeste
Forgetting your Windows administrator login password. With no way to get into the system, you can’t even perform basic maintenance, let alone a thorough tune-up. Formatting is always an option, but we consider that a last resort. (Plus, guess who’s going to have to help reinstall all the programs lost after a wipe?) But all hope is not lost. There are a few ways to actually retrieve a lost Windows account password. Read on, and we’ll show you the light.
The first thing which you check if you forget login password. When we install Windows, it automatically creates an account "Administrator" and sets its password to blank. So if you have forget your user account password then try this:
Start system and when you see Windows Welcome screen / Login screen, press ctrl+alt+del keys twice and it'll show Classic Login box. Now type "Administrator" (without quotes) in Username and leave Password field blank. Now press Enter and you should be able to log in Windows.
Now you can reset your account password from "Control Panel -> User Accounts".
Same thing can be done using Safe Mode. In Safe Mode Windows will show this in-built Administrator account in Login screen.
There are a lot of Windows password revealers and crackers available, but we’ve found that Windows Password Recovery Tool is the most effective.:
Windows Password Recovery Tool is one of the easiest password recovery tools to use. It allows you to reset a user account password, including the Administrator password. It is also a relatively small download.
Windows Password Recovery Tool Service: http://www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com
Posted on Apr 22, 2009
If that’s your only problem, then you probably have nothing to worry about. As long as you have your Windows XP CD, you can get back into your system using a simple but effective method made possible by a little known access hole in Windows XP.
This method is easy enough for newbies to follow – it doesn’t require using the Recovery Console or any complicated commands. And it’s free - I mention that because you can pay two hundred dollars for an emergency download of Winternals ERD with Locksmith which is a utility for unlocking lost Windows passwords. See here http://www.winternals.com/products/repairandrecovery/locksmith.asp
ERD is an excellent multi purpose product, but you should know it is not a necessary one if you have a healthy system and your sole problem is the inability to logon to Windows due to a forgotten password. Not necessary because you can easily change or wipe out your Administrator password for free during a Windows XP Repair. Here’s how with a step-by-step description of the initial Repair process included for newbie’s.
1. Place your Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer (it’s assumed here that your XP CD is bootable – as it should be - and that you have your bios set to boot from CD)
2. Keep your eye on the screen messages for booting to your cd Typically, it will be “Press any key to boot from cd”
3. Once you get in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. The Licensing Agreement comes next - Press F8 to accept it.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair.
It should read something like “If one of the following Windows XP installations is damaged, Setup can try to repair it”
Use the up and down arrow keys to select your XP installation (if you only have one, it should already be selected) and press R to begin the Repair process.
7. Let the Repair run. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
Windows password reset 6.0 is easy to use.it's great.
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
If you don't have any data in your pc, you can use many ways, like re-install computer system, reset disk, login from safe mode, reset software and etc. But if you have important data and you don't want to save it at all. I highly recommend reset software to you. It is the best way to save your data security. For reset software, I introduce you to use Windows Password Killer Software. Its biggest advantage is that it can help you reset password and it doesn't make your password loss.
Posted on Aug 15, 2013
Try going to safe mode...my pressing f5 or f8 during boot session...and then go to user accounts...then try deleting it...
Posted on Jul 17, 2008
There is a solution for those who has forgotten their password. With no reinstalling, with no the original password, with no data loss, you can reset the password. As following, 1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download Windows Password Unlocker 4.0 at http://www.passwordunlocker.com and decompress it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD. 2 Get out the newly created CD and insert it to the locked computer. 3 Re-boot the locked computer and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.'' '4 Setting new password: Step one: Open the "Control Panel" Step two: Click the "User Account " Step three: Select the account you wanna to set a new password. Step four: Click "changing Account " and "set up password", then fill out the form as listed. Click "Create Password".
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on Jun 30, 2011 | Lenovo ThinkPad T61 Notebook
on Apr 19, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 14, 2015 | Lenovo Computers & Internet
May 14, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Feb 11, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Jan 03, 2011 | Lenovo G550 Notebook
Jul 02, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Jan 08, 2009 | Lenovo 3000 Y410 Notebook
Jan 08, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
12,156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: