Question about Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Think you may have killed your print head, but try this.
OK, Canon will hate me for posting this.
1. Remove ink cartridges
2. Remove print head
3. go to sink or tub (stainless steel, not plastic type), pick up a roll of paper towel on the way.
4. Fold several layers of paper towel and place on flat surface.
5. Run hot water until HOT!
6. Turn hot water back to a dribble.
7. Run the dribbling hot water through print head, be careful not to wet the gold contacts.
8.When water running through print head is clear, place print head on paper towel.
9. Repeat number 7 and 8 until no colour shows on paper towel.
10. Gently DAB print head (DO NOT WIPE) inside and out with dry paper towel until dry.
11. I normally replace print head after drying, but you may wish to let it air dry overnight.
12. Replace print head in printer and install cartridges
13. Start printing.
I do this to all 4 of my Canon printers every 6 months or so.
If any colour fails to print after this process it means your print head probably needs replacing.
Posted on Jul 03, 2008
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 12, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP530 All-In-One InkJet...
Mar 22, 2011 | Canon Pixma iP6600D InkJet Photo Printer
Mar 06, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Jul 23, 2010 | Canon i9950 InkJet Printer
Mar 11, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX850 Multifunction Printer
May 26, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP830 All-In-One InkJet...
Jan 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4300 InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 14, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Oct 18, 2007 | Cannon Canon i960 Photo Printer
163 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!