a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1. Please Load a plain paper.
2. Press and hold the "Scan" button for three seconds.
3. An alignment page prints.
4. Place the alignment page onto the scanner glass.
5. Press the "Scan" button.
6. Once scanning is complete, the cartridge has been aligned for optimal print quality. Alignment must be complete before continuing with any print jobs.
from user manual:: To align newly installed print cartridges 1. Make sure you have letter or A4 unused plain white paper loaded in the input tray. The HP All-in-One prints a print cartridge alignment sheet. NOTE: If you have colored paper loaded in the input tray when you align the print cartridges, the alignment will fail. Load unused plain white paper into the input tray, and then try the alignment again. If the alignment fails again, you might have a defective sensor or print cartridge. Contact HP Support. Go to www.hp.com/support. .... 2. Load the print cartridge alignment sheet print side down on the left front corner of the glass with the top of the page to the left. 3. Press the Scan button. The HP All-in-One aligns the print cartridges. Recycle or discard the print cartridge alignment sheet Score the solution and download the manual if you need it
I'm sorry you are having problems with your Lexmark printer.
Please ensure you are using the correct cartridge.
If you are using the correct cartridge for your machine you can try to do the following:
Cleaning the print nozzles: (X5470)
1 Load plain paper. 2 Press Copy Mode. 3 Press . 4 Press or repeatedly until Tools appears. 5 Press . 6 Press or repeatedly until Maintenance appears. 7 Press . 8 Press or repeatedly until Clean Cartridges appears. 9 Press . A page prints, forcing ink through the print cartridge nozzles to clean them. 10 Print the document again to verify that the print quality has improved. 11 If print quality has not improved, try cleaning the nozzles up to two more times.
Wiping the print cartridge nozzles and contacts:
1 Remove the print cartridges. 2 Dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with water. 3 Gently hold the cloth against the nozzles for about three seconds, and then wipe in the direction shown. 4 Using another clean section of the cloth, gently hold the cloth against the contacts for about three seconds, and then wipe in the direction shown. 5 With another clean section of the cloth, repeat step 3 and step 4. 6 Let the nozzles and contacts dry completely. 7 Reinsert the print cartridges. 8 Print the document again. 9 If the print quality does not improve, clean the print nozzles. For more information, see “Cleaning the print cartridge nozzles” on page 92. 10 Repeat step 9 up to two more times. 11 If print quality is still not satisfactory, replace the print cartridges.
If you are still getting the incorrect cartridge message it would be best to return the cartridge and exchange it for a new one.
The compatible cartridges for the X4530 Lexmark printer are the # 23,23A,24,24A,31,34,35.
If you have the correct cartridge number and still says cartridge incorrect, try this steps.
1. Get a damp and a dry paper towel. 2. Set the ink cartridge right side up on the damp paper towel so that the ink nozzles are against the towel and hold the cartridge in this position for about 15 seconds. ( try this for around 5 times ) 3. Now wipe the print head (on the bottom where the ink comes out) across in one direction only (left to right) until it looks clean. ( try this around 5 times ) 4. Next dab the cartridge on the towel to make sure that the ink is flowing. 5. Remove the power adaprtor behind the printer. 6. Using the dry paper towel, clean the metal contacts on the cartridge carrier inside the printer. ( try this 5 times ) 7. Place the Cartridge back to the printer, connect the power adaptor. 8. Check if there is any error message.
If same problem persist, try to contact Lexmark Technical Support.