Brother ML100 Lift-Off Correction Tape won't lift off
I have the actual Brother replacement lift-off correction tapes (3015) for my machine--they are maybe 3 years old, but they don't lift off the ink--are they dried out? I tried actually hold them in position to make sure position was not the problem, and I tried both sides, neither was was any ink lifted off.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert that has over 500 points.
An expert who has answered 200 questions.
Re: Brother ML100 Lift-Off Correction Tape won't lift off
Correction tapes DO have a shelf life, Also make sure the ribbon is moving and very important and this may sound dumb, but I have seen it that the ribbon is not a correction ribon. Are the spool turns orange or yellow? should be. Blue is multistrike and will not correct. Don't know the shelf life of ribbons but they do loose the ability to correct.....Good luck try new supplies..
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There is a cam cluster under the ribbon plate that has to move over when you hit the correction key this lifts the correction tape, make sure the lift is not working and that the correction tape is old, and just does not lift off, have seen that...
Does the tape lift up far enough for correction? If so check to be sure the dull side of the tape is facing the paper. Then be sure you are using a correctable ribbon, the feed wheel should be either yellow or orange.
As you face the machine, the full spool goes on the left side of the printwheel carriage and the takeup (empty) spool goes on the right. Be sure that the shiny side of the lift off tape faces AWAY for the paper. The matte side is what does the lifting.
Correctable film - MODEL 1230 or 1030
Nylon - MODEL 1032
Multi Strike - MODEL 1031
Lift-off - MODEL 3010 for use with correctable film ribbon & cover-up - MODEL 4010 for use with nylon ribbon and multi strike ribbon.
Two possibilities, one the correction tape is twisted and the wrong side is .facing the paper. The shinny side should be facing you, the dull side facing the paper. Second possibility you must make sure the ribbon is compatible with the correction tape. There are 2 types of ribbons. A correctable one (orange or yellow knob) and a multi strike (blue or purple knob on ribbon cartridge). The lift off correction tape (orange or yellow spools) only works with the correctable ribbon and the cover up correction tape (blue) works with the multistrike ribbon.
1) use [SPACE BAR] or <<-¦ to move the carrier to the centre of the platen
2) open the top cover
3) remove the cassette ribbon (if installed)
4) pull off both spools, pressing against the correction tape with your thumbs. Bring it back to a position parallel with the platen and lift it up and out.
5) Pass the new tape through the left guide, behind the ribbon guide, and out thropugh the right guide. The rough (stick) side of the tape should face the platen.
6) Attach the feeder spool to the pin on the left
7) Attach the take-up spool to the pin on the right
8) Turn the take-up spool counter-clockwise until a small amount of white tape has wound around it
9) Replace the cassette ribbon and close the top cover
10) Press 'spider web' key +// to move the carrier to the previous position.