Question about Actiontec (GT701) Modem
I have an actiontec gt704-wg and want to use a new dlink dir 625 for the wireless. I have been able to get the action tec into transparent bridge mode but the dlink cannot detect internet any thoughts
Press the reset button on the back for around 45 seconds, wait for the router to start up (around 3 minutes) then connect your computer and login with the default username admin and password admin. Make sure your computer is set up to automaticly aquire a ip address and point your browser to http://192.168.0.1 to log in and set up the router. The user manual for your router can be found here
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
You simply access the router's setup page by going to Internet Explorer and type http://22.214.171.124 it will prompt your for password, try admin by default. You can change the security key under the wireless tab and look for wireless security
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
I have seen this before and this has cured it:
Check the DNS settings in the Network panel and enter a manual DNS that matches the base address of the router (192.168.0.1 for this router).
System Preferences > Network > Ethernet > Advanced > DNS. Click the + sign and add 192.168.0.1. Click OK, and click Apply on the next screen.
Posted on Aug 12, 2009
Yes this is a normal method to setup a wireless network.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps :-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
You MUST re-set up the Router again, login with a browser, this time copy paste WEP/WAP code into a notepad document. for use on client (Wii) now after setting up the router, check the SSID, the NAME of the WiFi Connection. Save this in router. Then on the Wii, use that written down key, to put the key into the box, this will allow access.
Get your manual from link above, that will help you set it up.
Posted on Mar 28, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2010 | D-Link DIR-625 (790069292637) Wireless...
Sep 21, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Aug 04, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Jul 18, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Jun 20, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Mar 05, 2009 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Nov 30, 2007 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
Jun 30, 2007 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
1,713 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: