Question about Actiontec (GT701) Modem
I have an actiontec gt704-wg and want to use a new dlink dir 625 for the wireless. I have been able to get the action tec into transparent bridge mode but the dlink cannot detect internet any thoughts
Yes this is a normal method to setup a wireless network.
To set-up and secure the wireless router from unauthorized access, follow these steps :-
1. Connect the wireless router to your computer with a LAN cable.
2. Start your browser and enter the router's configuration URL IP address.
3. Enter the router setup, login and password
4. Change the admin password
5. Go to the wireless settings and change the default SSID and turn off SSID broadcast.
6. Setup encryption key the strongest is WPA2 (if not then WPA).
7. For further security measures - turn on MAC address filtering and enter the MAC address of the wireless cards on the computer/s you want to connect to this wireless router.
8. Record the settings you have made and keep it in a safe place and Save the settings.
9. Configure the wireless cards on the computer/s with the SSID and encryption settings of the router.
10. Remove the LAN cable between the router and the computer then the computers should be able to connect to the router.
Posted on Oct 31, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2013 | D-Link Dir-601 Wireless Broadband Router -...
Apr 05, 2012 | D-Link DSL 200 (DSL-200) Modem
Apr 21, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Jan 28, 2011 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Oct 31, 2009 | Actiontec (GT701) Modem
Jul 05, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Oct 29, 2008 | Westell Wirespeed LiteLine 6100...
Oct 24, 2007 | Computers & Internet
1,711 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: