Question about RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
SOURCE: blackberry error 513
1. Install the desktop software.
2. Install the handheld software. (If it is a non Vendor software.. exp. T-Mobile. search and delete the "vendor.xml" file.)
3. Pull the battery out of your device.
4. With the battery out connect the device to the computer.
5. Go to Options and select "connection settings"
6. Select USB PIN this may take a few moments since there is no battery in the device. you might even have to select detect device in some rare cases.
7. Select the application loader icon.
8. Select all software you want installed.
9. Proceed to the end portion untill you see the "Finish" button.
10. Very IMPORTANT. do not hit the finish button, instead select the ADVANCED button.
11. Make sure both boxes are checked.
12. Proceed until it asks you if you want to automatically back up and restore. Select DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY BACK UP MY HANDHELD.
13. Once the process starts. take care not to bump out the cord and re-insert the battery. Again on some rare occasions you might have to wait until it finishes saying connect to insert the battery.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
SOURCE: blackberry curve 8310
need to reinstall the operating system with blackberry desktop manager!
can be all downloaded at blackberry.com
and your phone software can be downloaded at your providers website!
so you will need 2 thing:
1 blackberry desktop manager
2 blackberry handheld device software
just google each word and dowload according to the model you have!
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 06, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jan 15, 2009 | RIM BlackBerry 8800
Dec 23, 2008 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
Aug 31, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Jul 14, 2008 | AT&T Blackberry Curve 8300 Smartphone
May 02, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
Feb 10, 2008 | RIM BlackBerry Pearl 8100
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!