There is no response to turning it on, and when i plug it in, a message shows up saying firmware problem............sometimes it just flashes the "creative" on and off...........either way it does not work
I had the same problem.
1. When I tried to sync my Zen to the computer, the four options came up, for reload firmware, format, etc. All of them failed.
2. i went to creative website and tried to upgrade the firmware. The upload progress bar started, and halfway through a message said "Firmware problem" on my player.
3. Now that is all I see. I can try to reset it using the hole, but after the initial Creative splash page I go back to the triangle with exclamation mark icon, and the "Firmware Problem" note.
4. Would sure appreciate some help. I only have had this for 5 mnths and it's been working well since!
I use service pack 2 and Window Media plyaer 9.
I have also tried to delete the Creative folder as a start to Rifth's solution, but I can't. It says "Cannot delete CtCmeCtx.dll: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that ths file is not currently in use."
I have also tried the method where you push and hold down the off slider while resetting it with the pin. Nada.
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Firmware Update problem.(Failed) hi i have Creative Zen 4GB Mp3 player. When i plug it via USB on my PC i can't upgrade frimware.İt always run in recovery mode.i start firmware upgrade and installer says "firmware upgrade failed.".Media explorer says Storage Media is 50 mb.Please help i don't know anything to repair it...
Sometimes manufacturers release firmware updates to fix issues in the units. I would suggest attempting a firmware update if your firmware is not the latest version. (The Creative website lists the current firmware revisions in their support area for their players.)
If you are able to connect to the PC via the USB cable, I would try the Creative MP3 Player Recovery Tool available through their support tab as soon as the unit has at least 50% charge.
If the Zen player is completely locked and will not connect to the PC, you may have to let the battery go low and allow the unit to turn off by running out of power. Then plug the player into the PC to perform the initial slow charge and after some time (15min), the player will attempt to turn on the screen when it has enough charge. When it turns on, you should be able to tell if the PC connects to the Zen as well. If it connects, continue to allow the Zen to charge until you have at least 50% charge and then attempt the Creative MP3 Player Recovery Tool.
If the Zen doesn't connect to the PC, there is a deeper problem.
about this issue of creative zen wherein the device is not booting up to the normal os. and is not being detected by your computer, and giving you options to clean, reset, and format. my brother and i own creative zen, my brother own zen 4GB and i own 16gb. i don't have any problems at all. but my brother does. what i did is i just download the firmware version of my brother's zen that is missing which is version 1.03.04_0.6.1. unfortunately you will not find this firmware version at creative website.
i checked a website and i found this.
it's at http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/Other-DRIVERS-TOOLS/Others/Creative-ZEN-4-8-16-GB-Firmware-10304.shtml
just perform this steps and you're good to go.
1. download the firmware for your zen.
2. connect your zen to your pc.
3. run the executable file (firmware).
4. just follow the on-screen instructions on your computer and you're good to go.
hope that this step will help you guys out.
if you have any questions about fixing this kind of problem. or if this step won't help you.
email me at email@example.com
i'll be more than happy to help you guys with this kind ok issue.
god bless and enjoy listening to your favorite music.
try to reload the firmware. download the firmware from creative.com. hold the play button when turn the player on, that will lead you to the recovery mode. chose reload firmware and then connect to your PC. run the firmware downloaded.
mick2a: the screen is gone. you need to replace it.
Before preceding, goto control panel, add/remove programs (vista equivalent) select windows media player and uninstall note the response it gives you. If it is going to allow you to uninstall OR downgrade windows media player to version 9 then keep going. If not, then find another computer that you've never used the player on try upgrading firmware there, make SURE it's got windows media player 9 by downgrading it in add/remove programs.
Now for the fun stuff:
Sounds like the same problem I've resolved several times in the past on here.
1. Plug in the device. 2. Goto device manager in control panel and remove the device drivers. 3. Reboot if it asks you to, make sure to unplug the device. 4. Goto device manager again, remove the USB hubs. 5. Don't reboot. 6. Goto control panel, add remove software or equivalent for windows vista ultimate. 7. Select creative labs, and uninstall any and every zen related software. 8. Don't reboot. 9. Goto my computer, find the creative directory located on your main hard drive at \program files\creative. Deleted it completely. 10. Select windows media player select uninstall, or downgrade accordingly. 11. Make sure your zen touch is not plugged in and reboot your system. 12. After system loads, plug in the device and run the firmware software again.
And if you wish, reinstall windows media player 10 and the creative software (which you don't need at all with vista) all the other drivers should reinstall themselves.
BTW it's a hell of alot easier to just use another CPU if you have access to one, I've done it both ways and it saves alot of time.