- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Rating: 3 - 19 reviews
Amazon.com Product Description The Nextar M3 is a great way to add GPS to your arsenal. ... The M3 includes a 2 GB SD card pre-loaded with maps of the 50 U.S. states with over 1.6 million points of ... Date First Available, July 1, 2008 ...
askville.amazon.com > Consumer Electronics > Car Electronics & GPS
Nov 17, 2011 - Similar Questions: NEXTAR 2008 M3 03 DATE MAPS ... There may be some leftover Nextar map update SD cards floating around in the retail chain. ... http://www.ehow.com/how_5901587_update-maps-nextar-gps.html ...
Try plugging it into your car with the AC Adapter. I just bought one too and had a problem getting it to do anything until I charged the battery and then everything worked great. Hope it works out for you.
Try reflashing the firmware for your device you can find the latest firmware and flashing utilities from the manufacturer?s website. Make sure that you back your music up first because when you do this you are setting it back to factory settings.
Since the operating system and navigation software are preloaded into the internal flash memory of the GPS, the freezing may either be software or hardware failure. First, press the "Reset" button or push the stylus into the "Reset" hole, to see if the navigation software can load successfully. If the program still does not load, then the software may be corrupted. Also, if the internal memory fails to read or write and the software cannot load properly, it may be caused by hardware failure. In this case you must return the unit for exchange or repair to the retail location from which you purchased it, or contact Nextar for further assistance.
Nextar will not assist in helping "fix" anything. Their solution is for you to send in the unit and they pitch it, send you one off the assembly line. I was able to get this unit working again in just GPS mode (what it was intended for), so using this workaround, you will lose the ability to use it as a tiny digital photo frame, MP3 player, etc. I take no responsibility if you try this and "brick" your unit (render it unusable except as a $100 paper weight). BACK UP!!
1) Download and install ActiveSync from the Micro$oft website.
2) Connect the M3-04 unit to your computer
3) Turn it on
4) Red bar should fill and the M3-04 will "hang" in that screen, BUT viola it still connects to ActiveSync
5) Using Explorer from ActiveSync, navigate to ResidentFlash
6) Copy autorun.inf to your PC Desktop, make backup by renaming it to autorun.bak
7) Open autorun.bak with Notepad
8) Change the line to read without the quotes: "\ResidentFlash\Netropa Intellinav\IntelliNav.exe"
9) Save As to your desktop autorun.inf
10) Copy back to your ResidentFlash directory on the M3-04
11) Disconnect from PC and hit the reset button on back....BOOYA! Your GPS is functioning again.
My problem has been remedied. I took the product back to the store and got my money back. I am sorry I had to do this but your tech support stinks. I did not think that I should have to pay for tech support on a product that was still under warranty. I did not purchase another Nextar due to the tech support. I will purchase another GPS system from another supplier.