My dryer has no power. I checked my circuit breaker and I'm getting 220 at the outlet. When I plug it in, I'm getting nothing from the dryer. I opened the back top part and checked the fuse in the main white box that says NO SERVICEABLE PARTS and it was fine.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First make sure you house fuse or breaker didn't trip. If you have power to the dryer house outlet, next check the connections where the big 220 volt power cord goes into the dryer. Should be a small access cover you can take off to look at the power cord connections. Sometimes when they are first installed they are not put on tight. Over time they over heat and burn at the connectors. If either side is burned that may be your problem. If all connectors are good, you could have 2 possible circuit boards bad. 1 would be the display board itself (the one with the touch screen) or the main PCB board under the control panel in a tan looking cover box.
Recheck breaker turn the breaker all the way off and then reset the breaker. Then try a different cycle. like air only or something different than you normally use and see if it works then. Motor could be out or The control switch. Make sure you are looking at a double pole 220 breaker. hope this helps.
Check to see whether there's power getting to the dryer. Is it plugged in? If you plug something else into the outlet, does it work? If not, check for a blown fuse or tripped circuit breaker.
If the door switch or the door-switch actuator is defective, the dryer won't work and you need to replace the failed component. The switch is inside the dryer main housing near the door frame. Sometimes you need to raise or open the top or front of the dryer to reach the switch.
Often the main wiring connection from the house, at the dryer, burns and the connection breaks. In this has happened to your dryer, you need to replace the power cord and the terminal block inside the dryer to which the wire is attached.
Its not really clear to me where your measuring once you plug in the dryer, but all phases are measuring the correct voltage before, it appears you have an open circuit once you plug the dryer in. Now a dryer is 2 phase, so I would check all of your wiring connections, I would also check your circuit breaker and try swapping it out with a new one(as a last resort). Do some experimenting. In a dryer the heating elements are the only thing that runs on the 240V power. I would swap the hot leads in the dryer and see if any of the electrical components come on. Also try testing the continuity on your dryer plug wires to make sure there isn't a break in them (which can be proven by swapping the leads because now the same lead will read 0V on the other terminal).
Check circuit breaker at the house electric panel, if good, check for voltage (220/240)volts at the receptacle that the dryer power cord plugs into, if good, check for voltage(220/240)volts at the dryer terminal block where the dryer power cord connects to the dryer, if good, check voltages at the dryer power transformer, should be 220/240 volts for motor,and 110/115 volts control power for dryer controls, you should find the failure within these inspections/testing.
Good Luck !
This is an easy check, and it might fix your problem, though it also may be something else. Turn the circuit breaker for your dryer outlet off, then back on. The circuit breaker will be located in the main breaker panel of the house. It should be labeled "dryer" or something like that. It will be a double breaker, meaning that there are two breakers tied together physically.
I am wondering if one of the two breakers has lost contact or tripped. That could possibly allow the light to work, but prevent the motor and heat from working.
It's an easy check, and there is a chance this is all that is needed.
There are other possibilities, but this is a very easy noe to check, so why not start here?
hello mam please change the mains breaker after tripping for several times the breaker will be defected and check the power socket outlet by removing the socket there should not be any loose connections and skinned wires.